Royal Ascot - Day 4

Good stuff Galileo. Not often you see a filly with so many runs improve so much - well done for keeping the faith.

Pity about AT FIRST SIGHT - didn't burn up the ground like he did for the Derby, sadly. Great stuff from LILLIE LANGTRY (well done, Gal - beers all round!), and I'm pleased that JACQUELINE QUEST held on for 3rd place against her - a few more strides and she may well have been nutted, but Noel Martin has himself another very good horse and hopefully one he may decide to breed from in future, ensuring himself a lot to look forward to, in spite of his multiple difficulties.

He's the only one with anything like a progressive profile. I don't mind letting him go at 2's. but wouldn't be at all tempted to lay him.

I thought she was their best chance of the week and glad to see her fulfilling her potential.

Well done bloodnok with the GNG...ran a cracker.

I would rather back some of the longer priced ones on Betfair - Beauchamp Xerxes, Eastern Aria and Salute Him.

I thought she was their best chance of the week and glad to see her fulfilling her potential.

Well done bloodnok with the GNG...ran a cracker.

Just for a second I thought she might stay in front but LL has too much class. good ride, had a perfect posistion.

You were right DJ, but I didn't think he'd win that easily.

Didn't back him for a place (wouldn't have got next to or near the winner) but for the second year running you see Salute Him running on from an impossible position - Murtagh is great on the AOB favourites, or in handicaps when his horse has about 15 pounds in hand (forgotten voice, Penitent, etc) but can be clueless when not on a good thing.

Couldnt trust Mikhail Glinka, particularly on this ground though I suspect he is the best horse in the race - ability wise.

The money for the horse this morning (rumoured to be very strong directly from connections) tells a very different story though.

Monterey was touted as the trainers best ever horse prior to his debut last season (ultimately v v green and disappointing) and came good 2 weeks back in a Maiden, step up in trip and plenty to find but he wasn't stopping that day and has a good shot in this.

I'd agree with that Martin, connections fancy it too, been backed this morning as well as the fav.

Won so so easily at Catterick.

Yeah he was all over the place in the straight - eventually coming stand side and winning heavily eased down. Would be a shame to ruin a good handicap mark for nothing too.

Monterey was touted as the trainers best ever horse prior to his debut last season (ultimately v v green and disappointing) and came good 2 weeks back in a Maiden, step up in trip and plenty to find but he wasn't stopping that day and has a good shot in this.

Is that your money bringing down the price IS?:)

Brilliant! Actually I thought he was trying, the pace looked pretty fast and he never gave up even having to go wide. You still think he lacks attitude?

Back