Royal Ascot Saturday

Just spoke to Ladbrokes customer service. They said any bet placed on The Wokingham before 9am today is classed as anti-post? Surely not... What an absolute pisstake. Final decs were made 10am on Thursday morning ffs. Who can I query this with (apart from Ladbrokes).?

Last edited:
Just spoke to Ladbrokes customer service. They said any bet placed on The Wokingham before 9am today is classed as anti-post? Surely not... What an absolute pisstake. Final decs were made 10am on Thursday morning ffs. Who can I query this with (apart from Ladbrokes).?

It is not an ante post bet -fact.What you need to find out is when did they start paying the enhanced terms-unfortunately you will be dealing with people who are customer service assistants with no real feel for gambling.
I don't want to add to your pain but if you want enhanced place terms its a rookie mistake to bet before the day of the race-bet365 are the only firm that definitely give it to all bets after final declarations-the rest of them can be slippery.

Just watched the sprint again a few times.

Conclusions:

1. Limato still below his very best.
2. Queally rode a brilliant race on the winner.
3. Librisa Breeze should have finished at least second.

I've never been a fan of Queally but his post-race interview oozed class, dignity, humility and intelligence. He's clearly picked up a lot from Fanshawe.

In a way I'm glad Limato didn't win. Harry Bentley didn't deserve to be jocked off and fair play too to Chapman for highlighting the crass stupidity of the owner for doing so.

Librisa Breeze was poised to make his move when The Tin Man came across him two out causing him to stall and lose two-three lengths before getting his rhythm back and finishing strongly without being given a hard race. Whether Newmarket will suit him is another matter but I'll be backing him to beat The Tin Man if they ever meet again. Whether he'll beat a back-to-form Limato is another question. Then there's Caravaggio, Harry Angel and Blue Point to contend with...

It is not an ante post bet -fact.What you need to find out is when did they start paying the enhanced terms-unfortunately you will be dealing with people who are customer service assistants with no real feel for gambling.
I don't want to add to your pain but if you want enhanced place terms its a rookie mistake to bet before the day of the race-bet365 are the only firm that definitely give it to all bets after final declarations-the rest of them can be slippery.
Cheers. After speaking to a second customer service agent, it was clear it wasn't anti-post, but when I took the slip down the shop it wasn't showing as a winner, apparently because they were only the first four places in their shops, so they have two different place terms depending on whether you bet online or in a shop.

they have two different place terms depending on whether you bet online or in a shop.

Which I think is an unnecessary, unclear and disingenuous practice, I have to say.

The idea I would be getting paid out now, if only the bet was placed online, instead of in a shop, with exactly the same firm, just makes me want to vomit, it really does.

Last edited:
Have you got yesterday's Racing Post-if you have double check their ad.They are all despicable with the possible exception of 365.

No Luke, I've sent an email to Customer Services explaining everything, I'll post on here when they get back to me.

At best, somehow I'd get the 300 (or thereabouts) for my 30 e/w at 33's, (if I was getting five places).

At worst I can tell them what a load of shite they are, offering different place terms, for internet and shops.

Last edited:
No Luke, I've sent an email to Customer Services explaining everything, I'll post on here when they get back to me.

At best, somehow I'd get the 300 (or thereabouts) for my 30 e/w at 33's, (if I was getting five places).

At worst I can tell them what a load of shite they are, offering different place terms, for internet and shops.

Good luck fella. Afraid to say I don't think Lads will back down but worth a try. Agree that Bet365 have the most integrity of all bookies I use (a fair few)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powers were started at a time when Irish newspapers had plenty of stories about punters being ripped off by big English firms.For years they were brilliant offering punters a real chance of winning-I think their ideal scenario at the moment is punters setting up a direct debit.

Paddy Power do exactly the same, different terms for shop customers and online customers. This practice should be banned.

If firms are stopped from offering better terms for online and mobile customers the effect will probably be that we'll see fewer or no extra place and other offers. Simple fact is that online business is cheaper to administer

If firms are stopped from offering better terms for online and mobile customers the effect will probably be that we'll see fewer or no extra place and other offers. Simple fact is that online business is cheaper to administer
They can easily afford it

Last edited:

This is a conversation topic I have regularly with my brother. He doesn't have any online accounts and always goes to local bookies and £2 ew would be about as big a bet as he'd be comfortable with. I'm always on at him but he says he's quite happy just to accept the shop terms are different from what I can get online.

Customer support emailed me, a constructive email, saying 'go down to the shop, get manager to ring us, then get paid out.'

So I went down, got manager to ring. He was then told by Customer Service, that the email sent to me from Customer Service, was factually wrong.

Ladbrokes...... first four, quarter the odds in shops, first five on the internet, and probably first six places in neverland.

Last edited:
Customer support emailed me, a constructive email, saying 'go down to the shop, get manager to ring us, then get paid out.'

So I went down, got manager to ring. He was then told by Customer Service, that the email sent to me from Customer Service, was factually wrong.

Ladbrokes...... first four, quarter the odds in shops, first five on the internet, and probably first six places in neverland.

Wankerists.

Email the CEO address I gave you. Pretty much guarantees a more reasonable response from them.

Ladbrokes...... first four, quarter the odds in shops, first five on the internet, and probably first six places in neverland.[/QUOTE

Nuts-seriously nuts.

Librisa Breeze was poised to make his move when The Tin Man came across him two out causing him to stall and lose two-three lengths before getting his rhythm back and finishing strongly without being given a hard race. Whether Newmarket will suit him is another matter but I'll be backing him to beat The Tin Man if they ever meet again. Whether he'll beat a back-to-form Limato is another question. Then there's Caravaggio, Harry Angel and Blue Point to contend with...

The Lennox is a target but Ivory says they'd like some cut (understandable given the undulations). Oppo looks like being Dutch Connection (not the same horse as last year) Home of the Brave (very beatable) and Dream Castle (danger but another Godolphin, not sure he'd run. 10/1 is worth a go.

The Lennox is a target but Ivory says they'd like some cut (understandable given the undulations). Oppo looks like being Dutch Connection (not the same horse as last year) Home of the Brave (very beatable) and Dream Castle (danger but another Godolphin, not sure he'd run. 10/1 is worth a go.

I thought Dutch Connection was running a decent race at Ascot but as the final furlong loomed it was clear he was at a huge disadvantage on the part of the track he was on, worth another chance back at 7f.

Needless to say I didn't realise it was running until it was too late, 1 minute before the off today, so missed out. How do I manage it? Needs to go in the tracker. I feel a bit sick at the moment (no pun intended).

Last edited:
Back