Royal Ascot

Guest_

At the Start
Hard to believe it starts next week already.

Anyone have any horse they are looking out for in particular?

I think the Jubilee looks a cracker this year with Sakhee’s Secret, US Ranger, Marchand D’Or and the Australian sprinters.

Spin Cycle in the Norfolk is my bet of the meeting.

Of the more obvious ones, Fleeting Spirit and Bankable will be very hard to beat.

If the going is just a tad on the easy side of good and if he gets a nice draw, where he can get plenty of cover, not too far off a strong pace, surely US Ranger is an absolute banker.

Weather forecast seems to be dry and hopefully the rain won´t be a factor next week.

I´ve got two big bets : Fleeting spirit at 8´s and Coastal path at 6s. Obviously they are the horses I am most looking forward to see.
I also have some small bets at big odds on Sageburgh, Pressing and Astronomer Royal.
I might be interested in backing horses like Creachodoir, Heaven sent, Raven´s pass , Dr Faustus and Youmzain, but I need to see the fields and odds before.Mad about you could be interesting in the Ribblesdale as well.

I also am looking forward to see Falco againts Henry and TOver ( hopefully all turn up ) in the St. James.

On Bankable for the Hunt Cup at 12s, 10s, 8s, 7s, 6s
On Orizaba for the Coventry at 25s, 14s, 10s, 7s

and sneaky ew on Joseph Henry @ 66s for the Wokingham.

Heaven Sent in the Windsor Forest is my banker.

Originally posted by Melendez@Jun 9 2008, 02:29 PM
If the going is just a tad on the easy side of good and if he gets a nice draw, where he can get plenty of cover, not too far off a strong pace, surely US Ranger is an absolute banker.
Thats quite a few variables to be reliant upon for a banker!

Originally posted by Galileo@Jun 9 2008, 01:05 PM
I think the Jubilee looks a cracker this year with Sakhee’s Secret, US Ranger, Marchand D’Or and the Australian sprinters.
Wouldn't you give Astronomer Royal a decent chance in this?

I've not backed anything yet, haven't looked properly at the cards - but Fleeting Spirit for the KS looks good
Pretty damn short tho :(

Still think 3/1 is a big price on Fleeting Spirit for the Kings Stand. Anyone know what O'Briens Gold Cup plans are? If Septimus runs, he wins. If Yeats is the sole representative, I think he's vulnerable. The Frenchie looks short enough now generally around the 7/2 mark but is the obvious improver with a step up in trip likely to suit him.

The Prince of Wales's Stakes is usually the flagship race but it looks a weak renewal this year and is Duke of Marmalade's for the taking.

daring destiny?? the haggis filly is interesting for thr queen mary

bankable fleeting spirit look good

have a sneaking feeling cumani might do well in the hcaps this year

In todays RP, O’Brien confirms Henry on course for the St James, Yeats for the Gold Cup (sounds unlikely Septimus will run), Duke Of Marmalade for the Prince Of Wales, Astronomer Royal & US Ranger for the Jubilee,Haradasun for the Queen Anne.

It was not mentioned but his two possibilities for the Coventry are Peter Tchaikovsky & Mastercraftsman.

I might oppose Yeats this year. I suspect he may be past is best and Coastal Path in particular looks a worthy opponent.

Aside from him and maybe Duke of Marmalade who is bound to be too short for the POW, Henry..., Fleeting Spirit and Sakhees Secret are all gonna be hard to beat.

I'm looking forward to the Gold Cup and the two Group 1 sprints.

Euro, you may be right about Yeats.

Just noticed today US Ranger is shorter than Marchand D'Or!!

People would want their head read backing the former instead of the latter at current prices.

Why is he 7 or 8/1?

Marchand D'Or very much the bet as things stand.

I'm sticking to Yeats! His target has long been to equal the 3 Ascot Gold Cups of Sagaro. Gallop reports are that he is as good as ever and he was better last year than the previous one, or at least he held his form better, winning the St Leger in September.

I admit I am biased as love him to bits. But do agree that Coastal Path looks grand too.

Regardless of the criticisms levelled at the Godolphin operation, it has to be conceded that they have had shocking luck with injuries, both to their top performers and to some of their juveniles over the years.

Creachadoir looked like he was as tough as nails, the sort that could turn up in all the mile races this year and keep performing to a high level. Shame.

That's exceptionally disappointing isn't it. I do like to see the Boys in Blue keeping their end up, give how much they put into all aspects of racing, and this was a very commendable horse :(

Crap indeed Gareth

Looks like Euro's hoss will have very good claims in Queen Anne now and even better claims if Pheonix Tower goes to PoW

As good as Fleeting Spirit is, I've gone for Kingsgate Native taking a good ew pricein the Kings Stand. Danehill Destiny in thr Queen Mary.

Have to oppose Bankable at the price though there is not much quality in the RHC.

Just saw they have nominated Seachange to the Golden Jubilee.

Fantastic choice for the reigning NZ Horse of the Year, who has won 7 Group 1 races from 6f to 1 mile.

Only concern is the straight course, but she has the biggest heart.

Back