Royal Ascot

Just wondering how Shang Shang Shang managed to get past the many sniffer dogs on the way in..........��

Dancing Brave Bear the first winner for marble since 1983 (nap)

Last edited:
Here's the place lays tomorrow then......:)

2:30 Main Edition
3:05 Raa Atoll
3;40 Sioux Nation
4:20 Clemmie
5:00 Ceilidhs Dream (nap)
5:35 Manjaam

A couple of O Brien hot-one's, some other live chances, what can go wrong? Law of averages means I have to hit the dartboard soon enough! :)

Last edited:
Ceilidhs Dream could be a hell of a good filly for a big handicap like the Sandringham tomorrow.

She won an excellent maiden at Newmarket which has worked out, beating Sea Of Class who is now rated 107 after winning two valuable listed races.

Ceilidhs Dream starts off in handicap company on a mark of 90.

She's almost could be as well handicapped as Blue De Vega on Saturday! Definitely my nb. :)

Last edited:
I hadn't read this until now but had backed Ceilidhs Dream e/w @ 16s earlier this morning so fingers crossed Martin.

Shocking stuff from the starter yesterday and the Stewards. That start would have been hold all tickets in the USA and Harry Angel deemed a non runner....Francome was right they are cabbage patch dolls

What's the verdict on the job done by the CoC with regard to turf management...........fair going, any draw bias.............seems to me he did a decent job, helped by the settled weather, of course?!

I'll get back to you later in the week on that one, Colin. I'd said to Reet before the meeting I'd happily come back and apologise if I had a minus going allowance for all five days. Going by the comments of the RUK people as racing unfolded, I don't think he managed that but I'll know more later.

Reckon there's a few on here a few should be tipping their cap to the Ascot executive :). Despite the forebodings of some, the course produced nigh perfect summer racing ground for the whole meeting and judicious watering enabled them to keep it constant right across the course, and near identical every single day.
Bravo!

Not sure my immediate reaction is to agree, reet. Low numbers were donald-ducked earlier in the week and nothing came up the rail towards the end.

I'll have more calcs done in due course but the racing itself was good sport.

Shocking stuff from the starter yesterday and the Stewards. That start would have been hold all tickets in the USA and Harry Angel deemed a non runner....Francome was right they are cabbage patch dolls
Apparently Kirby said he was ready to go so the starter complied.

If I end up with a minus going allowance for all five days I'll come back on here and apologise.

I can park the apology for the time being but the CoC did a better job than I was fearing. We'll call it a score draw.

The meeting started on genuinely fast ground with a proper minus going allowance but was clearly over-watered going into Wednesday when the allowance tipped marginally into a plus. I don't know if he watered after racing that day but the ground on the Thursday was as quick as on the first day. The ground was faster again on the Friday, which probably helped Alpha Centauri to record, on my figures, a truly sensational time rating. It seems it wasn't quite as fast on the Saturday but still faster than the Wednesday.

So it looks to me like maybe a touch too much was added after racing on Tuesday but over the week generally the ground was well managed and for that the CoC and his team deserve credit.

Back