RP and other Stable Tours

Diamond Geezer

Gone But Not Forgotten
Willie Mullins Stable Tour

ALVISIO VILLE will go Novice Chasing this year and likely to be over the Longer distances.

ARCTIC FIRE to return in The Hattons Grace Hurdle or The Coral Hurdle at Ascot

AU QUART DE TOUR goes Novice Hurdling over 2m4f upwards.

ANNIE POWER is likely to return in The Hattons Grace

BACHASSON will get a run on softer ground and how he handles it will decide whether he stays out in the winter or goes away until spring.

BELLSHILL will be Novice Hurdling this year and will start over the Supreme distance of 2m. Smart prospect.

BLACK HERCULES goes Novice Chasing and will be aimed at the stayers races.

BORDINI is another to go Novice Hurdling with 2m4f to 3m his trip.

BOSTON BOB will be back in The New Year.

No return date for CHAMPAGNE FEVER but he will run between 2m and 2m4f this season. Won't be ready for The Clonmel Oil Chase

DJAKADAM will be back in The John Durkan Memorial or The Lexus Chase in December.

DOUVAN will make his Chase debut soon and he's going to go over 2m to start with. Described as "As good a novice as we've had" by Mullins.

FAUGHEEN will return in The Morgiana Hurdle as his campaign to retain his Champion Hurdle crown gets underway

Look out for FOOTPAD making the course. He's owned by Simon Munir, and will be aimed at The JCB Triumph Hurdle.

Another Mullins Mare to look out for is KARALEE. Cheltenham is her target next March.

LIMINI is another Mullins Mare to note with the new Cheltenham race her target possibly.

LONG DOG is set to be a force for the Mullins team in Novice Hurdles with the longer distances likely to be his aim.

ON HIS OWN may go down The Cross Country route.

Forgotten horse PONT ALEXANDRE is set to return to action soon and will be sent over fences.

SHANESHILL goes Novice Chasing with high hopes. Runs at 2m to 2m4f.

Another forgotten horse, SIR DES CHAMPS remains in Training and is due to run in the near future "if he stays right": Mullins.

No return set for UN DE SCEAUX yet but a return to Cheltenham will be his aim

UNCLE JUNIOR remains in Training and has another year over across Country courses to look forward to.

It's Novice Hurdles for UP FOR REVIEW with the staying division his destination.

VROUM VROUM MAG won't take up her Hennessy entry and is likely to stay against her own sex in Mares races where possible.

Nothing on Vautour??

I mean...I know he is going to Ascot.......but very odd he doesn't warrant a mention.

Alan King (Sporting Life) Stable Tour
Unable to call upon the likes of Balder Succes, who sadly suffered a fatal fall at Aintree, and Ryanair Chase hero Uxizandre, who is on the long-term injury list, King is all too aware that he needs a number of his younger battalion to fill the void.

One of those expected to jump close to the top of the pecking order over the course of the season is dual National Hunt Flat scorer and Champion Bumper fourth Yanworth.

Although yet to face a set of hurdles in public, the JP McManus-owned five-year-old is already prominent in the ante-post market for the Neptune Investment Management Novices' Hurdle at next year's Cheltenham Festival.

King said: "Yanworth is exciting and is a very good bumper horse from last year. He will go novice hurdling and is working very well, he looks to have sharpened up a bit to be honest.

"Whether I start him on a stiff two miles or over two-and-a-half, I am not sure. He is more of a galloping, staying type than a speed horse.

"He is an interesting horse as he has had an extra year in bumpers. My good bumper horses that will go hurdling this year are four whereas he is five, but of course he is right up there bringing Cheltenham form to the table.

"I see him as a good staying type. I don't see him being a Supreme horse, unless I have got him totally wrong."

King is equally optimistic about the prospects of The Unit, last seen winning a valuable bumper at Newbury in March on just his second start.

King said: "We like The Unit. He was a good bumper horse last year. He finished third at Kempton on his debut, then he won the sales race at Newbury, which was always his target.

"We decided to put him away after that. I don't think he would run in another bumper, if he did it would probably be the good bumper at the Paddy Power meeting at Cheltenham.

"I think we will probably go straight over hurdles with him now. We will probably start him off at two miles to see where we are. He is a horse that has always pleased us. He is a lovely prospect."

With the younger lights from his yard expected to make their presence felt this season, King also put forward two fillies that could merit close consideration when sent hurdling.

He said: "Katie Too is one of the many exciting fillies we have got. She won her debut at Newbury, beating the (Sir Mark) Prescott horse Sea Pride that has turned out to be pretty useful. She will go novice hurdling - mares' only if I can find enough of them. I would think she would start at two miles and work up from there.

"Miss Crick was good enough to win a bumper over a mile and a half last year, and arguably she was over the top at Aintree. She is another we like and will go the mares' novice hurdle route. We will start her over two miles as she has always shown plenty of pace."

Check out the ante-post prices for next year's Cheltenham Festival!

Although Ordo Ab Chao failed to feature in his final two starts of last season, the six-year old had earlier proved his effectiveness over hurdles with three victories including one in Grade Two company at Cheltenham in January.

With that in mind, King is confident enough he can make a mark in novice chases this term.

He said: "He will go novice chasing. I would imagine we will start him at two and a half, but he will get further.

"Two and a half on slowish ground will suit and we will see where we go from there. It's always good to have a good novice chaser and he would be up there among them.

"We will feel our way before planning any targets with him."

Ned Stark showed marked improvement throughout the campaign, highlighted by a battling success in the Grade Two Towton Novices' Chase at Wetherby in January.

While only finishing eighth in a Grade Three at the Festival on his final start, King believes there is still more to come.

He said: "He is a young horse and hopefully we haven't seen the best of him. He was still a little bit leggy last year.

"He has summered well and is now back in strong work. He would be ready to roll the first half of November.

"I am not quite sure where he will start yet. He will possibly have a Hennessy entry, but I am not certain he would go down that route. But those sort of good three-mile chases would be for him. Hopefully he will prove to be a good handicapper."

Although a number of relatively new names are expected to come to the fore throughout the duration of the season, several familiar faces will return for what is hoped will be a campaign blessed with success, including popular grey Smad Place.

King said: "I think I made a real mess of Smad Place last year in as much as I tried to go to the Hennessy without a prep. He got very tired and had a hard race.

"It took a long time for him to get over it, if he ever did. He probably falls between two divisions at the moment. He has got plenty of weight in handicaps and is not really good enough for the championship races.

"He has only won two chases and does still qualify for a graduation chase. We might just get him started in one of those to get his head back in front and build our way from there.

"He has summered well and I am hoping that a good break has sparked him up."

Add any or all of these horses to your free My Stable tracker!

More from King on the rest of his team.

KAREZAK

"He only won once last year, but he ran some very good races in defeat. Arguably the only race he didn't run well in was the Triumph. He didn't even want to line up that day, which was disappointing. He finished the season finishing third at Ascot carrying top weight.

"He is a big strapping horse. He is one we could conceivably think about jumping a fence with this year, but he is only four. He didn't really do a lot wrong last year, he just bumped into a couple of Nicky Henderson's juveniles."

THE TOURARD MAN

"He is going to go novice chasing. We got him started in the Silver Trophy at Chepstow and while two and a half miles is too sharp for him it got a run into him.

"Ideally he wants three miles. He has been placed in a hunter chase in Ireland, so he has had a bit of experience over fences.

"He is a very tough horse. One of the toughest we've trained. He had a good season last year and ran very well at Cheltenham to be third in the Pertemps.

"He was unlucky at Aintree where he got hampered around the top bend and was nearly last and stayed on to be fifth, making up an impossible amount of ground."

AVISPA

"She was disappointing last year, having won a very good mares' bumper the year before. She was placed in every run, but we didn't quite seem to press the right buttons.

"She has had a very long break. She is backing working well and has always been an extremely good work horse at home.

"She has got black type and a novice should be a formality. I've not lost faith in her."

L'UNIQUE

"She will go chasing. Arguably she could be the best ever mare I have sent chasing. The firm ground had held me back from schooling her. She is a Grade One winner over hurdles so we have high hopes."

ULZANA'S RAID

"He will go chasing. He is a good staying type that never wins by far, but that is just him. He is a tough horse. He won twice at Cheltenham last year and we will probably start him out over two miles six, but ultimately he is a staying horse and a three-miler in the making."

ANNACOTTY

"Annacotty is new to me this season. He is doing well and would be ready to run the first half of November, but we will chat to the owners and see where we go with him.

"He is possibly a horse that may be better caught fresh, but we are still learning. From what we've seen so far, we are happy. He is a very likeable horse that has a good attitude."

SEGO SUCCESS

"He disappointed at the end of last year when he was wrong. He scoped badly after the Scottish National.

"He is back in good form. I would see him going for those good long-distance staying chases. He doesn't mind soft, but he wouldn't want it much slower than that.

"You would have to question him being a Welsh National horse, as I don't think he would want a slog around Chepstow. But that is his type of race."

BIG CHIEF BEN

"He is a bumper horse that we like. He had two runs last year. He was second at Warwick on his debut and while he disappointed at Ascot on his only other run, he scoped badly.

"We left him alone after that, but we think he is above average. Whether he runs in one more bumper or goes straight hurdling, I am not sure yet."

BOARD OF TRADE

"He is another good bumper horse, who is two from two. He has a good pedigree and is a half-brother to numerous winners. He won at Exeter, beating a horse of Philip Hobbs' (Wishfull Dreaming) who won the good bumper at Cheltenham on New Year's Day.

"He will go straight novice hurdling. We will start him at two, but he will get further."

CHOSEN WELL

"He won his first two over hurdles last season. He ran well in his two subsequent runs, although I didn't feel he was quite getting home so we had his breathing tidied up recently.

"He is going to go novice chasing. He is a proper, likeable three-mile chaser."

MIDNIGHT COWBOY

"He finished second on his debut at Kempton. He went back to Kempton and disappointed at a time when mine weren't right. Again, I think he is a pretty decent prospect. He might have one more run in a bumper, then go hurdling."

OCEANE

"He has good Flat form and is a horse we like. Whether he wants deep ground I am not sure, so we will kick on with him for the moment. He was rated in the high 80s on the Flat and he came from the same trainer we got Walkon and Mille Chief from and that was the attraction there."

PASSMORE

"I think we bumped into one of Hugo Palmer's on her debut at Huntingdon. We've liked this filly all the way through and although she was beaten, I wasn't disappointed by her.

"We will take our time. She could go to Warwick for the David Nicholson Memorial. She will stay in bumpers this season and I would like to think she is good enough for those black type fillies' bumpers in the spring."

PEMBA

"She was third on her only run over hurdles at Auteuil. She is another that I would earmark for the Aintree juvenile fillies' hurdle.

VALDEZ

"He is back. He just had the one run last year and was going to bolt up at Chepstow, but had that horrible fall. We thought he was OK, but he had a tendon issue afterwards and we had to pull up stumps. I'd like to think we would have him back for December and go from there."

WILDE BLUE YONDER

"He is another good horse we have got back this season. He was fifth in the Supreme 18 months ago and fourth at Aintree. We will probably stay hurdling with him for another season. I'd like to think there is a good handicap in him. He does stay two and a half, but we will start at two and see where we are."

Nothing on Vautour??

I mean...I know he is going to Ascot.......but very odd he doesn't warrant a mention.
VAUTOUR - he seemed to impress everyone, ourselves included, with his performance in the JLT. Missed Punchestown as weren’t 100% happy, but has come back in good form from summer break. I'm not sure yet where he'll start, but looking at King George as his first main target and we'll plan the rest of the season when we see how he fares there

Cheers, Perp.

These Stable Tours are presumably written-up a while back - unless they're having second-thoughts about the Amlin (no hint they were, during Ricci's interview last week).

Only guessing, but assume they're written a week or so in advance and then updated before going to print. In this Mullins tour his Cork bumper winner from yesterday is mentioned

VAUTOUR - he seemed to impress everyone, ourselves included, with his performance in the JLT. Missed Punchestown as weren’t 100% happy, but has come back in good form from summer break. I'm not sure yet where he'll start, but looking at King George as his first main target and we'll plan the rest of the season when we see how he fares there

Any Yorkhill chat?

Here you go Digger – “A winning pointer who won both his bumpers. He's come back in great order from summer break. Might start off at 2m over hurdles. I think he'll have enough gears for the minimum but have no problem going up in trip later”

In answer to question you posed on the other thread DG; RP stable tours to date are Alan King (already provided by Toffee), Gordon Elliott, Harry Fry, Oliver Sherwood, Philip Hobbs, Dan Skelton, John Ferguson & Warren Greatrex.

I've been away for the past few weeks and am snowed with work on my return so it's highly unlikely I'll get chance to type them in but if anybody has any specific questions of a horse from any of those stables then shout and I'll update.

back to the WPM one and it's clear it is going to be a tough season for anybody trying to fathom the novice targets. Nearly every novice hurdler is quoted on a similar line to Yorkhill in that they'll likely be starting over 2m before possibly going up in trip later on. Given that many of them come from a pointing background and thus have form over 3m we're none the wiser really.

and he could easily provide the entire field for the new festival race :blink:

Has a nice mention for bumper horse Bacardys though, suggesting he could be "top class".

Last edited:
Henderon chatting to Matt Chapman on ATR this evening

Excited by Vaniteux and Volnay De Thaix over fences. "Hard to place last year and we were biding our time."

L'Ami Serge: "I was mortified at Cheltenham and Barry said he was flat. He had a trapped epiglottis. He goes novice chasing.
He's schooled beautifully and could go to Sandown on Sunday. He's in great form."

NH on novice chasers: "We have 18 horses rated 140+ over hurdles, all of which are going novice chasing."

Nicky Henderson

BEAT THAT - has had a respiratory ailment sorted and ought to run this month.

HADRIANS APPROACH, BEARS AFFAIR and TRIOLO D'ALENE will be steered toward the Grand National

MY TENT OR YOURS will "Hopefully" be ready to run in The Fighting Fifth.

POLLY PEACHUM is likely to resurface in the Listed Mares Hurdle at Kempton on Nov23rd and then go for The OLBG Mares Hurdle again.

If SPRINTER SACRE misses The Schloer Chase at The Open he'll go to The Tingle Creek for his seasonal bow.

VOLNAY DE THAIX and VANITEUX both revert to fences this year.

VYTA DU ROC also goes Chasing with staying distances his forte.

WHISPER will return in The Long Distance Hurdle at Newbury in Nov or The Long Walk Hurdle at Ascot in December. World Hurdle long term aim.

Nicky Henderson

BEAT THAT - has had a respiratory ailment sorted and ought to run this month.

HADRIANS APPROACH, BEARS AFFAIR and TRIOLO D'ALENE will be steered toward the Grand National

MY TENT OR YOURS will "Hopefully" be ready to run in The Fighting Fifth.

POLLY PEACHUM is likely to resurface in the Listed Mares Hurdle at Kempton on Nov23rd and then go for The OLBG Mares Hurdle again.

If SPRINTER SACRE misses The Schloer Chase at The Open he'll go to The Tingle Creek for his seasonal bow.

VOLNAY DE THAIX and VANITEUX both revert to fences this year.

VYTA DU ROC also goes Chasing with staying distances his forte.

WHISPER will return in The Long Distance Hurdle at Newbury in Nov or The Long Walk Hurdle at Ascot in December. World Hurdle long term aim.

Hard to take a word he says seriously

True but confirmation that Whisper stays over hurdles makes me think the 10/1 is great value assuming Annie goes for the Mares again and Aux Ptits Soins switches to fences.

Whisper hadn't run over hurdles for a year prior to last year's race, turned the form around with the winner in no uncertain fashion at Aintree and his Coral Cup win proves he's not averse to the track.

Being flat breds I'm not convinced either Windsor Park or Nichols Canyon will want this trip and following Hendo's comments that Top Notch should be suited to 2m2f or a stiff 2m I'd apply the same to him.

and More of That has a lot to prove.

19 October 2015 David Pipe Stable Tour

David Pipe was the first yard to feature in the Racing Post Stable Tour feature. Pipe has a 100 horses in training and some of which are some top class former Irish Point to Pointers.

One in particular he was most pleased with was Champers On Ice a bumper winner at the Punchestown Festival this year. Pipe remarked ‘he is an exciting novice hurdle prospect’ and also quipped ‘he’d make a smashing chaser.’

Champers On Ice won his point to point maiden impressively at the Pigeons for handler Fabian Burke.

Ballywilliam – made his reappearance at Perth and disappointed but connections felt that the track was a little tight and prefers going left handed.

Ballywilliam – finished runner up in his point to point maiden at Grennan for handler Gordon Elliott

Ballynagour – one of the stables superstars, a recent winner of a Group 2 hurdle in Auteuil this Summer. He also won Byrne Plate at the Cheltenham Festival in 2014. Pipe revealed to Racing Post readers, ‘ that he doesn’t have the best record first time out.’ After his solid performance behind Silviniaco Conti at Aintree last season, connections feel he can be effective over 3 miles.

Ballynagour – won his point to point maiden at Kirkistown for handler Stuart Crawford.

Border Breaker will be chasing this season, he won his second start over fences before winning at Perth. He then finished third but Pipe thought they made too much use of him and will consider different tactics next time.

Border Breaker – won his point to point maiden at Castletown for handler Joey Casey

Cloughernagh Boy missed all of last season due to injury. He is only back in but the staff at Pond House feel is capable of winning over hurdles this season.

Cloughernagh Boy – won his point to point maiden at Kildorrery for handler Robert Widger

Dusk Till Dawn as only had three runs for his news connections and has yet to finish out of the placings. It is felt he is an out an out stayer and would be suited to 3 miles on soft ground and may go chasing sooner rather than later.

Dusk Till Dawn – won his point to point maiden impressively at Kilfeacle in January for handler Harry Kelly.

Eamon An Cnoic has yet to run for his new connections. He will aimed for the listed bumper at Cheltenham in November.

Eamon An Cnoic – finished runner up in his point to point maiden at Oldcastle for handler David O’Brien.

Epic Warrior has had five runs for connections, winning once and placed on three occasions. He is looks a progressive type and connections have indicated he wants soft ground.

Epic Warrior – won his point to point maiden at Kilmallock for handler William Murphy.

Great Choice is consistent sort rarely finishing out of the placings. He had a nice long break and connections are tweaking his usual training regime in the hope of him getting off the mark over hurdles.

Great Choice – won his point to point maiden at Necarne for handler Warren Ewing.

Mount Haven enjoys a quick surface, he was due to run this Summer but unfortunately picked up an injury so connections, will have to try and pick out drier courses this winter for him.

Mount Haven – finished runner up at Oldcastle in his point to point maiden for handler William Codd

Pilgrims Bay has plenty of ability but isn’t a straight forward individual, he has some quirky traits and it is hope hurdles may settle him and that he’ll turn a corner.

Pilgrims Bay was unfortunate to remain at maiden when looking a likely winner before coming down at the last in his point to point maiden at Askeaton for handler Aidan Fitzgerald.

Prideofthecastle has been a consistent performer for connections and will go chasing soon, pipe feels he is ‘taylor-made for chasing.’

Prideofthecastle pulled up on his only point start at Lisronagh for handler Patrick Cronin.

Skylander has already won two races this season over hurdles and fences. He is very straight at home and will be stepped up to three miles.

Skylander – won his point to point maiden at Kinsale for handler William Codd

Smiles For Miles has been a solid performer for connections, he wasn’t right after his last run at Ffos Las where the ground was in bad condition that day. He enjoys soft ground and in time connections feel he could get four miles.

Smiles For Miles – finished runner up in his point to point maiden at Dromahane for handler Robert Tyner.

Soll is highly regarded in the yard, unfortunately for connections he is a burster and it is felt if he didn’t have a tendency to burst he could have been a gold cup contender. He has two main targets this year, The Becher Chase in December and the Aintree Grand National.

Soll – won his point to point maiden at Liscarroll for handler Philip Goulding

Solomn Grundy is a new recruit to Pond House Stables, he has yet to run under rules. Initial indications are positive, he is a good mover and seven winners have since emerged from his maiden.

Solomn Grundy – placed in his point to point maiden at Dawstown for handler Aidan Kennedy

Standing Ovation has won six races for his connections, he is had some decent wins this year including a listed chase win at Newton Abbot. He schools well over the Aintree type fences and even though his record at Aintree isn’t great, he may well have another stab at it.

Standing Ovation – runner up in his point to point maiden at Loughrea for handler Sam Curling

Still Together has only had two runs since joining the Pond House Stables team. He disappointed a little on his latest run. He will go hurdling now.

Still Together – won his point to point maiden at Monksgrange for handler David O’Brien

Sweettoothtommy a new recruit to the Pipe Team, he is a big old fashioned chasing type and looks a three mile chaser in the making. Plans for this season are still undecided.

Sweettoothtommy – placed in point to points for handler Denis Murphy

Taj Badalandabad has been a solid performer for his connections, he is described as ‘lively’ and ‘feisty’ by his trainer. He will remain handicap hurdling for the time being.

Taj Badalandabad – runner up in his point to point maiden at Horse and Jockey for handler Donnchadh Doyle

Tullyesker Hill has won four races for connections, he missed all of last season with a tendon injury and is only back.

Tullyesker Hill – won his point to point maiden at Dawstown for handler William Codd

What A Moment won his first start for connections, they ran under par on his next at Uttoxeter. He has come back stronger this season and connections are looking forward to running him over hurdles.

What A Moment – runner up in his point to point maiden at Tattersalls for handler William Codd

Kim Bailey Stable Your
Kim Bailey who enjoyed a terrific season saddling 61 winners featured in Wednesdays Racing Post Jumps Stable Tour.

Bailey who is based in Thorndale Farm near Cheltenham gave Racing Post readers an insight into the season ahead.

Among his team of 62 horses he has some pretty decent former Irish Pointers, some of which he mentioned in Wednesdays paper.

Ballyknock Lad – he was narrowly defeated on his season debut in a competitive handicap. He will go chasing next although he prefers good ground.

Ballyknock Lad – won his point to point maiden at Curraheen for handler Padraig Higgins

Battle Dust he has yet to run under rules for connections, he will be campaigned over hurdles this season.

Battle Dust – won his point to point maiden at Dungarvan for handler Rosemary Rooney

Cracked Rear View is a recent recruit to Thorndale Farm. He has had a long break and is some way off a run. He will go novice hurdling this Summer

Cracked Rear View – runner up in his point to point maiden at Laurencetown for handler Shay Barry

Crazy Jack has been a consistent performer for the team, he has returned to hurdles this season and has been gradually stepping up in trip. Connections hope to win another hurdle with him before he returns to the bigger obstacles.

Crazy Jack – won his point to point maiden at Lingstown for handler Eoin McCarthy.

Didntitellya has yet to run for connections, he hasn’t run for 18 months. His trainer is very pleased with his new addition describing him as ‘a really nice horse’. He needs soft ground and he should stay 3m.

Didntitellya – won his point to point maiden at Bartlemy

Knockanrawley has developed well over the Summer. He is an out an out stayer with a bit of speed. His trainer believes he could be a national horse. His first run will be at Cheltenham

Knockanrawley – won his point to point maiden at Bartlemy for handler Aidan Fogarty.

Silver Eagle has had a year off and connections feel he could be a decent staying novice chaser

Silver Eagle – won his point to point maiden at Dromahane for handler William Codd

The Last Samuri is another new recruit to the Bailey Team, he performed well last season for Donald McCain. He is another month away from a run. Last season he proved he stays and if he continues on an upward spiral he could be a national horse.

The Last Samuri – won his point to point maiden at Taylorstown for handler Sean Doyle

Viaduct Jack he ran well on his hurdle debut when finishing 3rd, he should come on from the run. His long term plan is to go novice chasing next seasn

Viaduct Jack – won his point to point maiden at Curraheen for handler Terence O’Brien

Lucinda Russell Stable Tour

Scottish trainer Lucinda Russell has had tremendous success with former Irish Pointers and has another nice team for the season ahead.

Russell’s Arlary House Stables were featured in Thursdays Racing Post Jumps Stable Tour, there she treated readers to information on her team for the season ahead.

Some of the Irish Pointers mentioned in the pieced included;

Big River made a pleasing return when winning at Kelso last month. We will step him up in trip now and he might go to Cheltenham next.

Big River finished runner up in his point to point maiden at Glenbane for handler Ger Hourigan.

Celtic Flames has been placed on both his track start for connections. He will step back in trip next to 2m – 2m 4f. He is a lovely horse with plenty of ability who will make a nice chaser.

Celtic Flames – won his point to point maiden at Ballyarthur for handler Donnchadh Doyle

Cobajayisland he made a placing return this season but his jumping still needs to improve he is still a novice over hurdles so connections have ruled out as an option.

Cobajayisland – won his point to point maiden at Borris for handler Aidan Fitzgerald

Final Assault has been a model of consistency for connections rarely finishing out of the placings. He will go to Ayr next, connections are still undecided about his trip.

Final Assault – finished runner up in his point to point maiden at Lismore for handler Roisin Hickey

Green Flag missed most of last season due to a pelvic injury and is only just back in. He won’t be seen until after Christmas, his long term plan could the National we will have to discuss with owners.

Green Flag – won his point to point maiden at Leadington for handler Rodger Sweeney

Imjoeking is another consistent performer for the team. He ran well on his season debut but got tired close home and probably needed the run. Ideally he want 2m 4f on good ground and 2m on soft ground.

Imjoeking – won his point to point maiden at Belharbour for handler Paul Walsh.

Island Confusion will remain over fences this season, he has had minor set backs but will be back shortly and over 2m – 2m 4f.

Island Confusion – won his point to point maiden at Cregg for handler Eoin Doyle

Island Heights has been a thoroughly consistent performer for connections

Island Heights – won his point to point maiden at Tinahely for handler Donnchadh Doyle

Jack Steel he has been a consistent individual for connections over hurdles and he should perform well over fences this season.

Jack Steel – won his point to point maiden at Castletown handler Martin Hassett

Kilbree Chief has been absent for over a year with a tendon injury and should return soon and he will go novice chasing this season.

Kilbree Chief – won his point to point maiden at Tallow for handler Paul Tobin

Kris Cross is another returning from injury and he will start over hurdles first and hopefully we can improve his jumping

Kris Cross won his point to point maiden at Lingstown for handler Ashleigh Murphy

Mysterie is a very similar type Kilbree Chief, connections will try and keep them apart this season. This fellow has been schooling well and will start off in a chase when the right race comes up.

Mysterie – won his point to point maiden at Tallow for handler Paul Tobin

No Deal he is a decent sort but needs soft ground as a result of an injury to his cannon bone two years ago. Connections feel he is better going left handed and will start off at the end of the month in a handicap chase at Haydock.

No Deal – won his point to point maiden at Ballyvodock for handler Donal Coffey

One For Arthur is a talented type who won well on his debut over fences this season. He will now go back to Kelso next month and if he wins he will have an entry in the Grade 1 Kauto Star Novices Chase at Kempton.

One For Arthur – won his point to point maiden at Lingstown for handler Liam Kenny

Present Flight won well on his season debut when winning at Kelso he then finished second at Hexham but connections feel the race was too soon. He jumps very well and doesn’t want the ground too soft.

Present Flight – finished runner up in his point to point maiden at Dromahane for handler Liam Kenny

Present Lodger is a consistent sort who will be tried next at 3m over fences. He has won four races under rules for connections

Present Lodger – won his point to point maiden at Lismore for handler Paul Cashman

Settledoutofcourt won on his season debut at Carlisle he then disappointed next time out but connections are regretting running him. He doesn’t want the ground too soft so they may have to travel south for the better ground.

Settledoutofcourt – finished runner up in his point to point maiden at Lingstown for handler Sean Doyle

The Cobbler Swayne was picked out as the dark horse. He really impressed on his season debut over fences when winning by eight lengths. He want good ground but not too quick. Connections are really looking forward to him this year.

The Cobbler Swayne – won his point to point maiden at Bandon for handler Sam Curling

Voyage A New York is a decent type who his trainer holds in high regard. He went wrong on them last year but has returned well this season and he will start of in either Market Rasen or Bangor. He is best over 3m dropped in.

Voyage A New York – won his point to point maiden at Laurencetown for handler Sam Curling

Back