Ruby Walsh, decisions, decisions

Diamond Geezer

Gone But Not Forgotten
Stick Annie in the CH, does he ride Hurricane Fly or Annie ?

Stick Annie in the Mares Hurdle, does he ride Que Vega or Annie ?

Stick Annie in the WH and if Big Bucks arrives in top form and Andy Stewart offers him the ride, who would he choose ?

Ask Ruby now and he'd tell you everybody and every horse has to arrive there in one piece first before making those decisions.

Intriguing though.

Ruby Walsh will ride Boston Bob in the World Hurdle, Hurrican Fly in the Champion Hdl and Annies in the Mares race, and will only win with the mare.

I suspect suny is wrong on all counts .

Annie Power will not run in the race to deprive Quevega of the six timer which would make her the first ever to win a Festival race six times .

He will not desert Hurricane Fly for her in the Champion.

He will ride Big Buck's if he comes through the Cleeve.

They should give Quevega a shot at a proper race and run her in the World Hurdle and let Annie take in the Mares.

But ultimately the only hurdle race that truly matters is the Champion and he'll be on HF for that.

I can't see Walsh on Big Buck's myself. Surely he will ride one of the Mullins horses either Boston Bob or Annie Power.

If Mullins does ride Big Buck's, it makes little sense for Nicholls to employ Jacob and Scofield as stable jockeys.

if mullins rides big bucks i suspect both he & nicholls will have lost the plot alltogether :lol:

Only point of Quevega being in training is to run in the mares. Think Annie Power looks a bit better to me and they will be kept apart. I would think they would go Champion rather than World Hurdle, even if they have a lesser chance in the race. Connections finding it hard to hide what they think of her.

Sorry James I'll try that again,

If Walsh does ride Big Buck's, it makes little sense for Nicholls to employ Jacob and Scofield as stable jockeys.

When interviewed after BB"s racecourse gallop Nicholls evidently commented that he believed that Andy Stewart would want to offer the ride to Walsh or McCoy .

I find funny how people think quevega is going to win the mares races for ten years.

I can imagine the face of mullins if quevega loses and annie is not running in the mares races, ricci has zaidpour for the stayers and mullins also has Boston bob in what looks a week edition.
With mullins having the Hurricane and un de sceaux for the champion, it is quite easy for him to run the 2 mares in the mares race, with the addition they are in different ownership and having Townnend as second jockey.

About Ruby riding Big Bucks , i think it is possible if he is transfered to willie mullins this month:ninja:

AP needs a bigger test to properly judge her.

They do seem very keen on her and she looks the part.

If she races in the stayers, Ruby will be on her.

Barring injury or dramatic loss of form she won't be in the mares race.

I hope she jumps a fence in time.

WPM really gets a tune out of these mares

Saw Annie P in the flesh for the first time today - I found her more impressive than she looks on the telly. She won as she liked today and looked as if she could go round again when she returned to the winners enclosure.

Like Granger, I hope they try her over fences in due course.

Ruby Walsh or David Russel should go and work for John Ferguson, his operation in 10 years time will be the biggest in the country,

I find funny how people think quevega is going to win the mares races for ten years.
don't think anyone thinks that. fact is they want the record & sticking annie in against her would severely reduce her chances. if she got beat by something else than it happens but as it is they'll clearly play the percentages in trying to get the record and annie would reduce those percentages dramatically.

Agree with you there frog I got the feeling all his needed good ground but after today obviously not.. Does nobody get the feeling Annie will miss Cheltenham and go to punches town instead..Mullins has so much talent I think he'll pull the famous "next year" line out.

That being the case his handling of New Years Eve is more cheating than incompetence then is it.

What has New Years Eve got to do with him becoming the biggest operation in the country? He's got more financial support in Hamdan than all of the NH put together, he just needs to show that he can provide a good financial model.

New Years Eve has no form on soft ground, he can't run on it.

I think Annie Power beats Quevega but w/o Annie Power its doubtful that there will be anything within half a stone of her in the race.

Its telling how there is a completely different attitude to Annie Power taking on the proper championship races compared to Quevega. I cant hear anything in what they say that they will clash. I would think that if Quevega missed the race, things would be different.

What has New Years Eve got to do with him becoming the biggest operation in the country? He's got more financial support in Hamdan than all of the NH put together, he just needs to show that he can provide a good financial model.

New Years Eve has no form on soft ground, he can't run on it.

I'd like to think actual training ability might count for something. If NYE doesn't go on the soft why was the bellend running him on it?

Back