Ruby Walsh

Ruby is the best jockey riding over jumps at the moment.It was amazing to look at some of his rides this weekend-I thought his Munster National and Chepstow bumper wins both showed superb judgement of pace.
Obviously someone will contradict me the next time he is beaten on an odds on shot but for me he is in a different league to McCoy.

Some will argue that he only gets the best rides, but he does so for a reason. He is both a great horseman and a great jockey. Like his father, he can be over opinionated and this may put some people off but in the saddle he is hard to match

Ruby is the best jockey riding over jumps at the moment.It was amazing to look at some of his rides this weekend-I thought his Munster National and Chepstow bumper wins both showed superb judgement of pace.
Obviously someone will contradict me the next time he is beaten on an odds on shot but for me he is in a different league to McCoy.

That's not my point nor should the point you made allow him to stop riding out for a place allowing five dream to finish unplaced esp when a stablemte passes

Should be a severe ban

Last edited:
That's not my point nor should the point you made allow him to stop riding out for a place allowing five dream to finish unplaced esp when a stablemte passes

Should be a severe ban

It wasn't the intention to contradict your point -I just didn't want to start another thread about Ruby.Personally I think he is well able to give the ordinary Joe Soap a bum steer but I am sure he is different when it comes to celebrity mates.I can see the logic behind that as you could get crucified for tips in Ireland.I wouldn't be a fan of him on a personal level but he is the top jock in my opinion.

I think there is no question he is the best NH jockey around, and probably the best I've seen since I started following racing in the 1970s. He's almost the equal of McCoy in a finish but has better tactical nous, judgement of pace and horsemanship.

Quick Update

Ted Walsh reports his son Ruby to be on the road to recovery following an operation to remove his spleen.
advertisement_img.gif

The rider was kicked in the stomach following his tumble from Pride Of Dulcote in the Cleanevent Handicap Hurdle at Cheltenham on November 15, undergoing surgery later that evening to solve the problem.
'He's reading the newspapers, watching the racing and walking round. He's in good form,' Walsh senior told BBC Sport yesterday.
'The surgeon who operated on Ruby said it was nothing to worry about. I've had about a dozen phone calls since from people who've had their spleens removed to say they didn't even know they had it or lost it, so hopefully everything is good.'
'The surgeon said after a couple of weeks when Ruby starts doing sit ups he'll actually know himself. I'm sure he'll know himself. I couldn't say when he's right, whether that's three weeks, a month, six weeks or two months. He won't be back until he's right anyway.'

Back