Rya*air

granger

Senior Jockey
Was due to be going to liverpool man utd game today. plane scheduled for take off at 06.30. at 06.35 told there was slight problem and departure delayed.come 08.30 and still on plane we are told that flight has been cancelled. During this 2 hour period not one passenger was offered a drink of water or tea and not one apology was made to a passenger

It was a largely football crowd on the plane so more than me was effected. Shocking customer service.Shocking experience and for me the biggest home game of the season missed

Nasty airline. Disgusting treatment of some blind passengers a few years back i recall

Unfortunately they are unlikely to go the way of XL, but that would make me very happy indeed

In fairness Ryan has made some good points about the industry (BAA monopoly etc) but thats about it. I could have grabbbed a cheap fair to Hamburg in October(well lubeck) with them but its BA for me. Rather pay a little more

One of the nicer truisms in business is that contempt for customers is usually followed by a nice backlash...once the alternatives are viable

Im thinking Dixons/currys here, whos customer service was disgraceful and are now fading nicely and more topically, Betfair. Tricky with airlines and the way the routes are determined but we can but hope

Last edited:
You just wanted the BA Free Bar Clive.

Not had a problem with them before - flew at 7am one day from Liverpool to Dublin for the Irish Champion Stakes, was in Parnell Street McDonalds for 8:15am.

Oops - you are quite right G. I will self flagellate accordingly. My only excuse is that I do sooo try stay out of the Northside.

It might have have been one of the other streets - I get my Parnell´s and O´Connell´s etc. all mixed up An. Anyway I was in a McDonalds in the middle of Dublin ;)

Mention Mossbank instead, and suggest that if you're the victim of any further short-notice cancellations, a few more of his string might find themselves ".........out for season, knowharrimean? ;)".

For what its worth, I have to write a letter to ryanair to get my money returned

You've got no hope, if you pay feck all, you're going to get feck all. At least it didn't take off with the slight problem, football fans can get through oxygen pretty quick.

You're only hope might be the EU Regulation 261/2004: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Commission_Regulation_261/2004

It's pretty ambiguous though, they can claim pretty much everything is "extraordinary circumstances." I flew with Wizz from Liverpool to Budapest at Christmas 2005, we were supposed to fly at 3.30pm, we left Liverpool at 1am, 9 and a half hours later. We got no food or drink either, they just said it was due to circumstances out of their control (fog in Poland) so they weren't obliged to give refreshments. I didn't even get a response from them when I wrote to them.

I like Ryanair, I've gone to tens of destinations I never would have seen without them flying there at affordable prices. I've never had more than a delay more than 15 mins with them apart from when we had all that fog at Christmas 2006 and you certainly couldn't complain. It amazes me when people complain about the legroom, strict baggage regulations etc. when they've paid less to get to Barcelona from Liverpool than it would cost to get to Birmingham.

When I had to cancel my Easyjet flights to Cheltenham a couple of years ago they told me I should write in claiming my taxes back, as they were refundable. They didn't have to tell me that.

My OH is going off to OT next month as part of a corporate (meet the manager/players numpty do thing) he was offered a plane ticket from stansted to manchester but has decided to drive up as it would kill him to miss that!

Back