Rya*air

I've flown on Ryanair's 1p tickets on many occasions, but have always accepted that there will be a time when we get bumped off and have to find an alternative route home and that it may cost a few quid.

So far it has happened once - in Kaunas, Lithuania. Thick fog prevented the plane from landing. They offered to get us back some time in the next week or refund our tickets (1p). We got on the phone and found a flight leaving from Vilnius, jumped in a cab and 5 hours (and £150) later we landed in Gatwick. Still had the problem of picking up the car at Stansted, but the big thing was that we were back in the UK.

Anyone remeber Dan dare or was it Dan Scare?

They seem to prang about one a week. Bodies hanging off trees and all sorts

Ryanair currently have a 'sale' if booked before midnight Thursday 25th September; '2 million seats' with no taxes. Booked a flight for 2p return but with a £8 charge for debit card.

I'm flying with them to Dublin at the weekend so didn't qualify for that promotion and whilst the flights were cheap with all the taxes,baggage costs etc it has worked out at about £90 which I guess is still not too bad.

A slight delay on the outward flight to Dublin due to fog at Brum but only a few minutes and very prompt on the way back.
Will probably fly with them again next time I decide to go to an Irish meet.

My ticket for the Open meeting, return Dub-Bristol cost me €21, all taxes and charges included.

Slag them all you like, but they have opened up the world to the undreprivilaged, working classes such as me.

My tickets for the Trials Day weekend in Jan from Knock-Bristol were 99c each way but taxes and charges brought that up to €72 return. Still not bad though....

My return airfares (Glasgow-Bristol) for the Open Meeting were about £50, which was less than half a one-way rail fare. The train comanies are doing something seriously wrong.

More often than not (depending on when you book) two singles works out a lot cheaper than a return.
I get two singles everytime I go home.

To travel on train from London to the Lake District is often ludicrously expensive.

Is there an opportunity for a cheap train company?

Back