Ryanair Chase

betsmate

At the Start
Do we not have a thread for this race? If we have and I missed it can a mod merge - ta.

Any way... It's time for this leopard to change his spots. I've bought the line that 2m5f is the making of VPU and that he is now the best thing since sliced bread.

A weak 2m division - Master Minded apart - and the uncertainty over the Gold Cup has meant that this race hasn't been loaded up with quality as I thought it might.

Odds-against looks a fair price and I've got better in multiples.

Thankful I've backed VPU at 5/1 and 9/2. He's gone odds-on now. I've a one-horse book on the race. May hedge a little on Tidal Bay if he lines up in this, to recover my stake Which is substantial.

Odds on quotes for Voy Pour Ustedes should Tidal Bay and Our Vic take him on are about the worst value at the Festival.

I wouldn't be backing him at odds-on. Then again I wouldn't be backing anything at the Festival at odds-on. Nevertheless he still look the surest winner of the four days to me, probably including Master Minded.

Nevertheless he still look the surest winner of the four days to me, probably including Master Minded.

Surely not Steve?

There isn't a horse in the Champion Chase within a stone of Master Minded. Much as VPU looks a likely winner, the Nicholls horse looks to have a far easier job.

Odds on quotes for Voy Pour Ustedes should Tidal Bay and Our Vic take him on are about the worst value at the Festival.

Couldn't agree more.

Tidal Bay is potentially the better horse (for me), and I think if Our Vic replicates his run from last year (no reason why he won't), then VPU should be at least double his current odds.

IMVHO :)

Anyone know if Mister McGoldrick is going to run in this?

66-1 is a very good ew price (particularly the place part) about a horse that hosed up over this trip at the Festival last season. Yard is going well too...

Mr McGoldrick is entered in the handicap on the same day.I think Gwanako will be going in a big ew double or treble where I am prepared to sacrifice the win part of the bet.

I think we will see a different Tidal Bay tomorrow than the one we have seen all season. Better ground, right trip, loves the course and is available at 8-7/1 with a handicapper ahead of him? I'll be backing him and Our Vic to turn over the favourite.

Plenty of excuses have been thrown around but has anything you've seen from Tidal Bay this season fill you with any encouragement. Looks to be a horse not enjoying racing at the moment to me

Can't see the Irish in this being good enough to break the home strangehold but if any are going to be good enough its Schindlers Hunt who ran very well for a long way in the Queen Mother last year and likes the trip.

Our Vic and Tidal Bay have a real chance of upsetting the favourite for me

Plenty of excuses have been thrown around but has anything you've seen from Tidal Bay this season fill you with any encouragement. Looks to be a horse not enjoying racing at the moment to me

He ran last time at Cheltenham on the same day a few of us met up at Navan. I thought he showed much more sparkle for a long way only to get bogged down in the ground again. I know he has had a little hold up since then, but if he is fit enough that break might have done him good. I like him alot tomorrow.

Our Vic is too old and out of form whilst Imperial Commander is unlikely to be good enough. Tiday Bay is the only real danger to the favourite.

Winner's jumping won him the race...VPU is a fine fine horse but he is beatable (didnt think the winner would though).

I'm absolutely over the moon. Been very sweet on this horse for a long time and nearly got talked out of backing it listening to Ruby and the likes saying 'he's only a handicapper'. Granted he needed Voy Pur to run short of the mark, but always possible. Very good performance!

That`s why i`d never touch an odds-on shot over the sticks. It`s just an extra thing that can go wrong. He did well to finish so close really.

Back