Sam Thomas

He's such a crap jock I would never put him on a good horse like Denman coz he couldn't win a race such as the Hennesse or the Gold Cup eh? ;)

PRESSURE is mounting on Sam Thomas after another Saturday to forget, which included an undignified final-fence unseating from Big Buck's, when the long-time ante-post favourite was still in with a chance of winning the Hennessy Gold Cup at Newbury.

Little has gone right for Thomas since he was drafted in by trainer Paul Nicholls two weeks ago to replace the injured Ruby Walsh, and although backed on Saturday by two of the yard's most high-profile owners - in Harry Findlay and Andy Stewart - Nicholls indicated he would have "more to say" on Sunday.

That is sure to include consideration about who will ride Master Minded in next weekend's Seasons Holidays Tingle Creek Chase at Sandown.

Once you jock him off though, that's it really. If you don't trust him, why would you want him on any horse?

I don't think that is a call that you make when your No.1 is out injured.

Once you jock him off though, that's it really. If you don't trust him, why would you want him on any horse?

I don't think that is a call that you make when your No.1 is out injured.

Very true trouble is he has made so many errors i wouldn't blame him on big bucks today as the horse doesn't jump well but on the others the tother one kicks for free kauto star Gwanko Etc there is to many errors it may be down to the fact the stable isnt right and if thats the case he should stay on master minded but if it isnt the case would you wanna put a jockey on board one your best horses and risk the fact he has no confident and hasn't had many winners of late, i know alot of people will say if you take him off it what happens then do you get rid of him as your second jockey? the case is who knows but there is a case of theres better jockeys out there that would be available for the ride so why not use them?

The youngsters they have are no better. The only Irish lad not hooked up is JP Magnier.

AP isn't the best jock???????????
:ninja::ninja::ninja:
Someone on here is blind?

Sometimes the posters on here beggers belief:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sam Thomas is effing useless. He has no idea whatsoever how to ride a horse over a fence and he is utterly incapable of keeping a hold on their head, which is why he falls off so much. It's basic stuff really, it's taught to kids riding ponies for God's sake!

Apart from using trerms like "useless" willy nilly, SL's criticism of Sam Thomas has been borne out to a fair degree; he is apparently incapable of keeping hold of a tired horse's head and getting it to jump straight, and the way he always seems to bail out the backdoor after going to the buckle end when his mounts make mistakes is uncanny. He is a talented lad and great when he's full of confidence (this time last year), but when the confidence isn't high he's sometimes a liability in the saddle and Nicholls needs to do something before Saturday to ensure Sam doesn't cave in entirely. Rumours that a certain blonde woman can be seen sticking pins int was dolls during big races cannot be verified.

He is a talented lad and great when he's full of confidence (this time last year), but when the confidence isn't high he's sometimes a liability in the saddle

Jump racing's Jamie Spencer?

Back