Sandown Saturday

Not too often I'm drawn to Leicester maidens, but 11/8 about Green Moon looks a very reasonable price in the 1m2f maiden. Form of the Newbury race reads very well in the context of this race and looked to be one to progress over longer trips this year. I can't help but ask myself would you be getting odds against a horse with the same form trained by Stoute and owned by Khalid Abdullah.

Harry Dunlop, trainer of Green Moon
"I am a little bit worried about the ground but he ran well at Newbury on his second start last year. He has done plenty of work and I would be hopeful of a good run."

Maybe Mataaleb is the bet here Track

I enjoyed seeing AP looking relaxed and adding a few insights to John Francome's presentation from the box at Sandown today. He was smiling and looking laid back - no doubt figuring he can take over the seat in a few years, when he's done with riding. He'd certainly be an asset now that he's lightened up so much.

What a terrific performance from Paco Boy - if RVW concentrates on 10f races - F & G beng unlikely on current evidence to shine over shorter than 12f and Goldikova likely to stay in France he must have a great chance of winning a few G1s - and if he has improved as it appears he may well bustle them up in any event.

PACO BOY ran a very fine race and is tough enough to carry on like that this summer. I rather get the impression that because he isn't fashionably bred and he's a Hannon horse, that's it's acceptable to crab him...

There was plenty of promise in his race - one or two others were having first runs after having been off the course for quite a while - not least 'ours' - off the longest. As long as they are sound, they will come on a fair bit for their run and none of them were exactly disgraced.

Paco Boy did it well on Sunday but it was not something special, he beat Pressing well and was receiving 4 pounds, for me Paco did a 124+ and 129 is his best rating so nothing new shown last weekend

Back