Sandown Thursday

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
G

Gearoid

3 races already priced up to get stuck into - 6.35 7.10 7.45. Glass Harmonium side steped Fame And Glory due to ground concerns. I presume the ground will be just good tomorrow night so should we be getting stuck in at 9/4? As an aside, used this card include the Temple Stakes?

3 races already priced up to get stuck into - 6.35 7.10 7.45. Glass Harmonium side steped Fame And Glory due to ground concerns. I presume the ground will be just good tomorrow night so should we be getting stuck in at 9/4? As an aside, used this card include the Temple Stakes?

pretty sure temple stakes has not been on this card because as I remember from the past I wish there was another 5f race to compare to the National Stakes

normally one of the best 2yo races of early season and no direct time comparison sticks in the mind..and craw:)

This meeting has been in various guises in recent years, the Temple and Henry II used to be run at Sandown on the Bank Holiday but they don't have that fixture any more. I think this fixture also used to be a 2-day meeting, Reverence won the Temple when it was run on a Tuesday evening once.

Can't say I'm in a rush to back Glass Harmonium at 9/4. Not sure he was left with much to beat on his reappearance with the others cutting each others throats. That he came through in the Darley Stakes and didn't get the job done and nearly did the same by hanging right (a trait of his) on his reappearance suggests he has his quirks. Stotsfold has 6/7 performances of which a reproduction would give him a good chance in a typical renewal. He's a rock solid Group 3 horse and will be hard to kick out the 3. Totesports 11/1 was laughable and I'd have had him third in.

Good stuff. I see the Stoute horse is being well touted against Opinion Poll and Darley Sun. Takes a bit of leap and faith at the prices.

I think 9/4 about Glass Harmonium is a fair price, I can certainly see him going off sub 2/1.

Dunno has an enviable course record and sure to be thereabouts in the last.

I think 9/4 about Glass Harmonium is a fair price, I can certainly see him going off sub 2/1.

Dunno has an enviable course record and sure to be thereabouts in the last.

The bookies offering 9/4 have cut him, yet Hills have pushed him out to 5/2! Interesting..

I could well be wrong but he looks the typical Stoute 3-4 improver, and I don't think they've got to the bottom of him yet. As regards tonight's field, there's nothing that looks like it will improve dramatically, although I'm trying to make sense of the ORs of the 2 Godolphin horses which seem a little high (ie, they're making me look at the race as on ORs their prices are huge).

On a line through Steele Tango, GH has to improve to get past Sri Putra. Both SP and GH are lightly raced.

Also GH "idled in front" last time. Thats fatal at Sandown. Its Sri putra for me at the prices

I'm off there tonight, if anyone wants to meet up, drop me a PM.

The Rectifier is a big price in the 8.20 given the runaway success of his Folkestone win and the time was simply outstanding. Don't think it's as strong a race as the market would have you believe.

Also think Akmal is a decent bet in the 1m6f race but the price has gone a bit now.

It's more an issue of what will beat GH for me, 9/4 seems a fair price.

A repeat of his Gordon Richards run or his Hampton Court run from last year should be enough for Glass Harmonium. Stotsfold doesn't look the horse he was but at his best he'd give the favourite something to think about.

I see GH as a typical Stoute improved- could see myself steaming in at 6-4 if I have a good night.
Bets for the night are a lay of Dainty in first at Clonmel at under 1.55,back Chip Tea in the next,big place lay of Satapadi at evens and small bet on Hendersons horse in that race at a decent price.

Quite like Akmal in that. Darley Sun has to be taken on carrying the blue colours for the first time

Very taking performance again from Dinkum Diamond there. Travelled strongly up with what looked a strong pace and still too many gears for those from further back. Norfolk bound?

Glass Harmonium is way too similar to some of these to be a 6/4 shot..I'm backing Sri Putra + Tazeez against it..super value here

GH is priced according to trainer comments about improvement..its a false price imo.

Akmal was really game in front there - certainly more so than the second who looked to have second thoughts about going past the Dunlop horse. Darley Sun looked to travel with plenty of class but just was not up to it.

Illustrious Blue ran on well to be finishing from the rear off what looked a slow pace - not completely exposed at 2m+ either.

Back