Saturday 30th March 2024

yorick

Conditional
All that studying and getting my bets ready - ruined with Musselburgh off.

I don't know about you but all this rain, rain, rain has left me just diluted, I'm afraid. TV racing from Meydan and Cork? No thanks.

Just one choice left.

Picanha - 2.40 Haydock 6/1 Ew

Picanha has only had 8 races under rules, 7 over hurdles so is inexperienced for his age (10). LTO, his first race for nearly 2 years, he was held up (best ridden this way) going well enough in the rear off a decent pace. Approaching the 2nd last, he’d made progress to look a real threat, in the end running out of puff to finish a highly creditable 4th.

This was an excellent run. He’s won over 3m before, registering a great time on good going, so I’m confident that he’s improved for stepping up to this distance. I think this was a good race and that this one might be well handicapped. They've certainly been patient with him and I hope the patience will be rewarded today.

Good luck, if you bother. :)

Yeah, as you say, ran well enough. It looks to me like he might benefit from some eyewear, though. he improves ominously well but doesn't quite seem to go through with it. Or, perhaps, another wind op?

Back