Saturday 9th March 2024

yorick

Conditional
Any joy today will be a miracle. I've a couple from my notebook which I'll share and then three for Ew fun.

Hudson De Grugy - Sandown 4.40 11/2 Ew

This one I've followed and who won on this day over c/d in both '21 and '23. He's nicely weighted again but, of course, the weather poses a potential issue with the going. On soft ground I'd be more confident but, apparently, it's changed to G/Sft which might prove irksome since all his winning has been on soft. However, they're still taking their chances and that description could mean anything, really. Will it be soft enough? We don't know. You'll have to decide whether he's worth a go.

Salamanca Bay - Ayr 2.30 5/2 Win

I backed this on his first run of the season over c/d and he careered along in front that day, only to run out of gas quickly in the home straight: much too free but a good blow out and, crucially, showed that his jumping is very good. Subsequently, he's had two runs and, once again, has raced freely enough. Today his OR has dropped 10Lbs since that first run and they apply the hood, presumably to help him run less freely. Sometimes, headwear can light them up even more but we'll never know until they're off but given the hood, the reduced OR, the drop in class from 3 to 4 and his sound jumping, we might have reason to back the fellow.

2 x singles
Win double

Three Ew's for fun:

Goonhilly - 2.25 Sandown 50/1 Ew or 17/1 8 places Ew extra.

This one has crept into this on 2nd bottom weight. It's his first handicap so I'd imagine there's more to come. At any rate, given Skelton has another two in the race at the top of the weights, I'm hoping that Goonhilly will find the frame or better. A sporting bet.

Mum's Tipple - Wolverhampton 2.40.

This met trouble last time out and I remember him running a blinder in the Wokingham last term. He won over 7f on this day last year and I reckon he's worth an Ew go today.

Rose Of Arcadia - Sandown 4.10 5/1 Ew

Lightly raced and worth a shout on her third to Dom Of Mary two runs ago.

Ew Patent

If I get any winner, I'll be a lucky boy.

Good luck :)

Cheers.

Nice to get a winner and to be honest, Salamanca pissed it, didn't he.

Surprised Mums Tipple ran so poorly, mind.

Not sure the ground's soft enough for Hudson.

Cheers, mate. Yeah, he toughed it out after losing his place before the Pond Fence, didn't he.

H de G ran a lovely race, too. Not the best jumper but loves that hill.

Good day's sport. (except from Palace conceding late - AGAIN! Grrrr)

Back