Saturday

Given the pace they went, was always going to be hard for Roaring Forte to play a hand in the finish. Captain Brilliance dissapointing alright.

Speaking of dissapointing performances, Richard Hughes was poor on Redford I though (though admittedly he's not the easiest to ride!).

As for the other races, Conduit is the logical choice in the King George but 2/1 doesn't stir the blood. Same goes for Kirklees at York.

Eventually decided a win double was a reasonable compromise and got them at 2/1 and 7/4 :)

Only 11 runners for a 28G first prize in the Asc 3.15, though! That's really disappointing. At least they'll probably race together so hopefully the form horse will win. Peking Prince represents 'that' race at Ayr and I reckon he can win this

Would I be talking through my pocket if I said Probert got this one dreadfully wrong? Why on earth didn't he kick for home sooner when he was cantering all over them??:mad::mad:

I'm not sure Peking Prince is the heartiest of battlers, and the fact connections stuck headgear on him suggests they may be thinking along the same lines. I imagine he was riding to orders, either that or they subbed him out and replaced him with Border Music!

Back