Saturday

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
Why is this place always dead on Saturday's? A good day's racing and what four people searching the Forum. Piss poor.

Two bets and a hedge today. I'm on Forte Dei Marmi and have been for a while. But to be honest I don't know why I bother ante-post anymore because if your horse isn't tipped up by the right faces on the day it drifts like a barge. That said I have to cover with Wigmore Hall who's overall profile screams winner today. Imposing looks like being yer typical overbet Stoute beast.

I have my conkers on FDM but actually Arizona John in the 3.30 at Ascot is probably a more solid bet now. The penny dropped with this horse last time out - he needs a trip. Should be favourite for this particular contest and 6/1 is a steal.

My confidence is badly shaken but I think Borderlescott is getting on a bit and could be a lay at anything under 4-5.Off to do 50 lengths now and hopefully I will be fired up for a days punting when I get back.

Over in Ireland i have heard good word for Croisultan in the 3.15 at Fairyhouse. The rain has come at the right time for the horse and its in cracking form. Well worth an ew punt at 7s or 8s.

In England, i like the profile of Presenting Alchemy of Hughie Morrisons,similar to Palace Moon last year, its 11/4, and also like Citrus Star in the 1.45 race at Ascot. Have backed that one at 11/2.

Have the three above in combination bets with Borderlescott and Premio Loco, who done well to win on its return race after Dubai.May have improved this year.

Haatheq(1.45) sems a fair bet given back in trip to the distance over which he has been impressive,
FDM in the JS Cup together with Demolition ( hopefully LTO not a drain)

Small bet on Atlantic Story since Easterby may be plotting.NB. Look at AS's record July at York.

Don't think the John Smith's is anything like as competitive as the numbers suggest and think the front 2 are entitled to be shorter still. I'd back Wigmore Hall at 5/2.

I'd be concerned about Forte Dei Marmi's failure to string two good efforts together and find it hard to forget his head carriage on similar ground over course and distance at the Dante meeting.

Last edited:
Dont think the John Smiths is that good a race this year will stick to Imposing provided he is kept in touch,backed Haatheq in the first at ascot dont think it was one of R.Hills best rides would not have won anyway.

Thanks Del Boy, I fancied Rain Delayed but had a bit on Croisultan as well after seeing your post.

Thanks Del Boy, I fancied Rain Delayed but had a bit on Croisultan as well after seeing your post.

Nice one Grey! Borderlesscot was very dissappointing, Presenting Alchemy would be a massive massive winner for me in the multiples. Fingers crossed please!

Presenting Alchemy would be a massive massive winner for me in the multiples. Fingers crossed please!

I followed you in after a look at the race. :(

Ironically the last race was also over 5f and also had nine runners. Brandywell Boy had the same sort of profile if at a lower level as Presenting Alchemy and won at 7/1. He was my only winner today in TRF compo but I didn't back him. Grrr.

Last edited:
Back