Saturdays Racing

Dreadful news - will spoil the day somewhat.

But well done to Nicholls and to young Sam - thank God he came back safe! Will lift spirits a bit :)
Well done to all who backed Beefy e/w - I almost did givent he rain but felt I'd enough bets on- all losing ones!

Oh of course, feel a bit headless after all that drama...

I'm on Charlton Kings e./w here and PDC FCT
PS Damn there goes my 2nd Placepot!!

Nicholls' super-subs doing a great job for him, so pleased for Liam Heard he won on HLB, after last w/e

Nice 10 minutes for Nicholls after what was happening this time last weekend, and for Liam Heard too.

It has been confirmed. Very sad. It did look like a back problem, it would be horrible to think that it was something underlying that caused this though. I find it hard to believe that Hobbs would have sent him out if he wasn't right.

My heart has been in my mouth all afternoon after last weekend's events, and it was horrible to see another death happen.

I get so nervous now it's unbelievable, but I have to admit I was still on the edge of my seat cheering for Hoo La Baloo. I can't justify it, but I can't stay away.

That pr*t David England just managed to run out in the Ascot bumber, and had a big FCt SIMN to beat him!!

Poor Huntingdon, 2 runners for their big chase of the year, it's pathetic - 70,000 prize money!!

Saw the big hurdle race at Ascot in the Betfair tent at Haydock. Gutted about DC. Hardy was 8s in running at one point - a crazy price considering the way he battles.

Did a few NH trainers forget there was a quality race at Huntingdon today? Pointless running them against KS and ED or in handicap hurdles when the Peterborough is or could have been wide open.

Sad state of affairs.

Indeed Euro - why wasn't Taranis in this race, for example, instead of dicking about over hurdles?

Just had a look and it's pretty obvious why - the Haydock race is worth considerably more.

Perhaps Huntingdon aren't blameless?

Originally posted by Headstrong@Nov 24 2007, 04:37 PM
That pr*t David England just managed to run out in the Ascot bumber, and had a big FCt SIMN to beat him!!

HS if you'd seen the horses debut you'd know he pulled himself practically on the run in. He just cocked his jaw and ran out :(

I was looking at that two horse race at Ascot.

What happens if both horses failed to finish.

Is the race declared void or are all bets lost ?

Ah, thanks, I've never actually seen him race! One to avoid obviously :eek:
thanks for the description, didn't have pics of that here just text comm.

RE the Peterborough, you'd have thought trainers knowing the race was likely to cut up might have made more entries, it wouldn't have taken a big star to win some prize money today! It's a shame these big races close early, when things like that happen, it's no spectacle for the paying punter, let alone a betting feast

PS Pretty sure the race woudl be voided, PC

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Nov 24 2007, 03:54 PM
Just had a look and it's pretty obvious why - the Haydock race is worth considerably more.

Perhaps Huntingdon aren't blameless?
The ridiculous level of prize money for handicap hurdles in comparison to a lot of graded chases is one of my main pet peeves with racing at the moment. We also saw it on the flat when the Cumberland Lodge was worth far less than a really boring 6f handicap on the same day.

I love our heritage handicaps, but a lot of the contests that have big prizes are nothing to get excited about.

Back