Saturdays Racing

If you don't mind me asking Luke, Is it a strong fancy? The reason I ask is although I respect your opinion having won from your tipping a couple of times, 1 win from 30 runs isn't inspiring, having said that, it is a poor race.
Any of your thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers

It was given to me the day before the race by the most clued up gambler I know.A man who knows the form book inside out and has solid contacts.I completely disregarded the horses form -I think last Saturday was the day.I think the 7/2 sp supports that.
Shame the horse couldn't win-might have finished closer if he came up the middle but no complaints.

Needless to say Absa Lutte absolutely hosed up in the first at Kempton tonight.The money I had at 9/2 didn't even cover the stake of my losing bet last time.
Worse was to follow -I did the bet in a certain branch of Powers who guarantee prices on yankees and refund stakes if you have 1 winner at 9/4 or bigger.Fancied Todber on account of trainer/jockey but don't really have opinions about Kempton.Elsworth had 2 thought 1 of them must win and there was a Fantasy horse in the sprint-Fantasy horses win sprints.Silly old cow behind the counter starts moaning about closing after next dog race.Hurriedly write out yankee replacing Elsworths 2 and Fantasy horse with some yokes that can barely move.
Went off to do a few things -came home a while ago and checked results Todber had won at 5's the 2 Elsworth yokes won at 7s and 9s -the Fantasy horse won at 10s.End result I get my stake back instead of what would have been my biggest ever win by a considerable distance.

That Frascatti Park is not an easy one to reel in and I thought he was the most impressive winner on the card.

No, Rory isn't involved in any of the Nick Williams horses.

Reve is a lovely animal and he did it nicely yesterday. Last season he was little more than a tall frame; he has grown, filled out and strengthened up over the summer.

I don't think he's quite the finished article yet, Shads. To my eye he still looks a bit on the gangly side, hopefully there's much more to come.

Wasn't sure about Rory and didn't want to offend!:o

He's certainly still not the finished article, he's only 4 and a tall horse. However compared to how he was last season he has strengthened up and filled out considerably. As has Diamond Harry, but similarly he is another animal who is still yet to mature fully.

Really pleased to see young Giles Hawkins riding a nice winner on Saturday at Aintree especially as he has not long turned pro (he rode one at Cheltenham last week on his first ride). He has only had a very few rides for Hobbs as yet and started out pointing for the yard I'm involved in last season. A nice lad with a good brain - I hope he continues to so well.

Three wins from eight rides and being based with the Hobbs stable should get plenty of chances.

Every chance of completing the hat trick on Templer who is back over fences this afternoon at Wincanton.

Back