Scotland And Elsewhere

suerunner

At the Start
Hi all.
No pics of horses I'm afraid, just more of my ramblings, this time a lovely part of Scotland. Bonus picture of somewhere else, although as you will see, I didn't go there!! Enjoy!

Sunset from Arthur's Seat looking towards Forth Road Bridge
[
DSC03744.jpg

Lake in the Cairngorns
DSC04102.jpg

Windswept Bass Rock
DSC03939.jpg

The aptly named Queens View
DSC04084.jpg

Loch Faskally
DSC04055.jpg

More...
Two of stunning Loch Laggan

DSC04146.jpg

DSC04141.jpg

Beautiful river near Loch Laggan
DSC04160.jpg

Now I did mention elsewhere....
The quality on these four pics following is quite poor. My apologies for this, but I liked the level of detail for what they are. Also apologies for the small size of the last three. The first is a real picture, the next three are screenshots taken from a video I shot down the eyepiece of a telescope, but still "real". No computers manipulation or anything. I'm only saying this coz of what they are, you'll see what I mean. The moon and Saturn.

moon.jpg

saturn3.jpg

saturn2.jpg

saturn.jpg

Something slightly different!

Simmo, from memory, isn't there one area of water in Scotland that is referred to as a lake?

We were based in Perth and went on a bus trip to Loch Lomond and I seem to remember the bus-driver referring to "this being the only lake in Scotland".

Lovely shots, thank you for taking the time to post them so we could all enjoy them. I seem to remember reading that the Lake of Mentieth got its name after a cartographer's error. A bit like the misread cartographic query "Name?" on an Alaskan map (in response to an unmarked town) resulting in a certain town being named "Nome".

I'm off on holiday on Saturday - starting off in and around Fort William for a week before heading on off towards the Cairngorms/Pitlochry area. Loch Laggan will be a must for me, along with yon viaduct from Harry Potter, ardnamurchan point etc etc etc

If I manage to take some photos that are any good I will pester someone on here to stick them up for me (can't access photobucket etc from work pc).

Lovely pics - reminds me of summer holidays in the Highlands when I was a kid.

Happy days!

Back