Scottish Grand National

Great shout, Tout Seul. I looked at it a couple of times mainly due to the intriguing booking of Moore but ultimately decided I had to fancy others more.

Could Tidal Bay and Trustan Times have been ridden a wee bit closer to the pace? It didn't seem over-fast.

Great shout, Tout Seul. I looked at it a couple of times mainly due to the intriguing booking of Moore but ultimately decided I had to fancy others more.

Could Tidal Bay and Trustan Times have been ridden a wee bit closer to the pace? It didn't seem over-fast.

Trustan Times tried to take the first fence with him by the roots and the trainer is quoted as saying the jockey pretty much had to 'school' him round for at least a circuit after that.

Sorry about this chaps but we are on rugby tour and other than to Bob I didn't get the message out. We probably had the most profitable weekend of the year

Not that I disagree, but why do you say that?

I felt although Ruby might have sneaked him home he bottomed out close home in the Welsh National . Having crept into it off the home turn the petrol soon ran out . Even though it was only a week after Aintree and he was brought down at the Canal Turn he then went hard on his own for a circuit so much so that he carried Across The Bay out . So in summary , a distance I think is a touch too long , a big weight and quite a workout the week before .

Thanks folks!
Only just watched the whole race, great ride, very game horse. I concentrated on the National because I could not see many other races that were interesting especially as I was going out for most of Saturday and not watching the racing. Purely a process of elimination and ended up with Mendip Express and Al Co late Friday.
Unfortunately boots not filled but grabbed a few quid being all that was available at 60+ on the machine and topped up to a score on logging in Saturday (ave 67.99). Not much available on place at right odds so had a score ew @50's. Still a decent return considering my second best result on the day was not having a chunky bet on Astaire.

For both aesthetic and financial reasons I don't want this jumping season to end!

Back