Scottish National

Well done DO - I backed Chiaro e/w following advice on here and yard form (two of theirs placed) so happy with that, but aren't Twister and Brennan having a great season? V happy for them, he's a jock I really like, and I've always followed the yard

I still am, Gareth! I was willing Hello Bud on throughout the last circuit but I'm not getting the buzz the way I used to. I was long overdue a decent 'draw'.

Well done DO. I really fancied Tricky Trickster and was so peeved when he was a non runner. But, having read what you had posted and figured the yard could prepare one for this kind of race I sided with Bud and made up the loss on my ante post on Tricky. Thanks! :)

I was very surprised Paddy Brennan was booked for the ride at the 5-day stage with TT also in there for the yard at about 10/1. I think maybe I held off to try and ask on here whether Brennan had a free choice or not in the matter.

It will be interesting to see what the handicapper does now, especially with Gone To Lunch. That was some performance and I wonder if he'll be trained for Aintree next year.

Got to agree with your thinking there, Heads. He rode the ears off them and I daresay a couple may have had their rugs chucked over their backsides very quickly. Yes, he really can get a win - LA POLOMOCHE an example - when others might fail by a nose, but at what expense to the horse's attitude in future? Looked like the 'old' McCoy was back with a vengeance at Ayr these two days, and while I can't fault the man's timing, ability, judgment of this, that, 'n' everything, he was very heavy-handed. Haven't seen quite so much rapid slashing from him for a long time.

Back