Sean Bowen

wilsonl

Senior Jockey
This is a serious jockey. Both Buachaill Alainn and Southfield Vic needed plenty of driving but he didn't give up on either.

Surely a future champion in the waiting.

Yes absolutely
My bet on Mon Parrain looks in capable hands for next week.

Using Nick Scholfield and Sean Bowen has helped PN keep his strike rate rate on a par when Ruby was there.

They have help make up for the 4 or 5% difference between Ruby 24-25% and Sam Twiston Davies's 20% strike rate.

The big question is will PN continue to use Sean Bowen or be on the hunt for another claimer next season?

To have a chance of becoming Champion Jockey one day he'd need to oust the likes of STD or have someone like JP or NJH knocking on his door

Guy can ride but I would want 1000/1 him being champion jockey in the next 5 years because he's unlikely to get the support he needs

STD has to be the weakest stable jockey since Tizzard?
Even Jacob is better?

I've often said I am not a fan but PN will be crunching the numbers and the yards strike rate is actually better than ever.

Prize money may be down but that has to be expected with Kauto Star and Denman being no longer there.

His ability to adapt is what keeps PN at the top so it's unlikely STD is about to be ousted

Can only see JP choosing an Irish jockey, if anyone. Townsend?
Is BG getting long in the tooth now commuting to ride horses that can only run on Spring ground, if not sidelined? Not a problem for Mullins.
All UK jocks look soft, save for a few.SB will be snapped up if he don't accept number 2 at PN, at least for a yr.

Easy tho to be carried away by a flush of of success....Doyle/Buick never impressed me enough, let's see what happens.And the media silence on the Abdullah horses is palpable.

The boy is a proper talent, and seems to be improving week by week. There have been some excellent young jockeys snapped up in Ireland over the last year or so, namely B Cooper and the ever-impressive J Burke. Great to see a British rider who appears to rival their talent. Concern would be the way Nicholls spits out conditionals, however sure he will think carefully before shifting this lad on.....

The boy is a proper talent, and seems to be improving week by week. There have been some excellent young jockeys snapped up in Ireland over the last year or so, namely B Cooper and the ever-impressive J Burke. Great to see a British rider who appears to rival their talent. Concern would be the way Nicholls spits out conditionals, however sure he will think carefully before shifting this lad on.....

From 9 March to 6 April Sean's AE is 1.44..very impressive.. ..so is winning 44% more than the odds suggest..be interesting to monitor how he goes in future. Yes he has had good support from Nichols but his figures rule out any stable help..in fact riding for Nichols would normally have a negative effect on AE as horses would start shorter than their real chance of winning for such a trainer.

Last edited:
Nicholls wont be moving Sean on. He told me he compares very favourably to Ruby and expects a great future for him. Theres also another coming behind him in young James who at this stage rivals his talent

Nicholls wont be moving Sean on. He told me he compares very favourably to Ruby and expects a great future for him. Theres also another coming behind him in young James who at this stage rivals his talent

Paul will be after training your home breds after red Six's debut!

From 9 March to 6 April Sean's AE is 1.44..very impressive.. ..so is winning 44% more than the odds suggest..be interesting to monitor how he goes in future. Yes he has had good support from Nichols but his figures rule out any stable help..in fact riding for Nichols would normally have a negative effect on AE as horses would start shorter than their real chance of winning for such a trainer.

Nicholls shows a £85.99 lsp this year. For some reason, the market has deserted him.

Back