Sizing Europe

Thanks Luke. The fact they have found a problem is encouraging and it does not seem to be wind/bleeding is even better. Weither they can get him back to his best is obviously open to question but if I had the horse I would send him to Cheltenham fresh.

Unless we know the exact problem its impossible to know how it is affecting him.

True, but If i where to put it in simplistic human terms , if you had a bad back you wouldn't run to the best of your ability for 7/8's of the race and than suddenly struggle, you be struggling from the start....but like you said their could be other factors.

I'm not sure, Sheikh.

Bad horses can usually keep up with good ones for 7/8ths of a race. It's when the pace is on that they fall away. The same could be true of a minor physical ailment.

Plus, it's the hurdling that would probably exacerbate it most, right?

I'm not optimistic, mind.

Well he couldn't handle Cheltenham last year when he was in top form, and the horse hasn't been right all this year.
hope he is there coz he's amazing when right but just think he is never right?

The thing that has stood out in his last two efforts is that he has come full of running in the last couple of furlongs and than it's like somebody has pulled the plug on him. Just seems like it's something internal is catching him to me. If it was to do with his pallet you'd imagine they would have picked it up.

Last edited:
I think they should take their time with him-ie give Cheltenham a miss..Maybe then get him right for Punchestown and put him away again till next season:confused:

I imagine a few of those who missed Leopardstown might turn up if the ground dries out a bit. Won In The Dark has been mentioned as a possible.

When I saw SE at CHL last year, I thought that someone had slipped in Benny's horse from Top Cat. What a flee bitten bag of sh1t. :eek:

Last edited:
When I say SE at CHL last year, I thought that someone had slipped in Benny's horse from Top Cat. What a flee bitten bag of sh1t. :eek:

Not the best looking conformation wise but a Grade 1 winner, so i'm looking forward to seeing a fit and healthy bag of shite:blink::o

Well he couldn't handle Cheltenham last year when he was in top form, and the horse hasn't been right all this year.
hope he is there coz he's amazing when right but just think he is never right?

You obviously missed the Greatwood Hurdle.

Back