Sizing Europe

That just made my Thursday. Murdered them. Reminded me a bit of Kicking Kings front running efforts.

unhealthy horse, and not one to trust , but 2 very good performances over fences and at his best was a top class hurdler.

the winner of the first race , nice horse and Dunguib form boosted.

Not keen to back him for any race tbh - very risky proposition given his previous problems.

Look forward to seeing him at Cheltenham though - hopefully Nicholls, King, Henderson etc. will have something for the race too (presume it's the Grade 2 Novices Chase he goes for).

Might not be a horse I would take a short price about - but he looks a natural over fences and I equally would not want to be opposing him heavily either.

Watching brief next time but if he produces another performance like today then this boy has to be taken really, really seriously...

I was of the impression the finding-nothing-off-the-bridle problem was a long hovering medical issue for the stable and therefore, presumeably resolveable. I've not really been looking out for his horses recently.

Last edited:
As regards the novice chase at Cheltenham in November Sizing Europe will have class,experience and fitness in his favour.It will be a long journey home if he doesn't win.

I'm a massive fan of the horse too - always have been since I first saw him win at Newbury in 2006 [I backed him which helps the memory!]. It was always clear he needed fences. I hope he'll turn out to be as good as some of us always thought

Feeling really pee'd orf today I didn't do the double with Voler La Vedette - well done to Colm Murphy for his handling of this girl

Nailed Henry down for a 15 minute chat today-despite having no connection as such to the stable.In fairness to the man he is very approachable..
Bottom line -despite getting a good grilling on the horses preferred distance and going requirements he reckons a fast run 2 miles on good ground is ideal-the horse will also get a entry in the Champion Chase.Henry was adamant the horse didn't run (or jump)to his best last weekend.

I did not see the race but when I saw the result I assumf he would have been trimmed into around 4-1. Clearly bookmaker and punter allke believe there are serious chinks. Its not hard to see him not even being fav on the day.

Me too. Saw the race but no post race interviews, from reading Sporting Life website you'd believe they might run him in the KG. Maybe it could be his race, who knows.

Last edited:
HDB being interviewed now, will have entries in The KG, the Lexus and the 2m Paddy Power chase. Needs to be good ground to consider 3m.

Back