Sizing Europe

I was hoping they would aim for the Champion 2 mile chase with him still to make up for this years unfortunate defeat !

Ulterior motive for me saying that ,really...it keeps Sprinter Sacre's price sane at least !

Last edited:
very good horse
operating at his best today, very impressive

some doubts for me about the 3 miles
I would prefer him clashing with Flemenstar and Sir Des Champs in the John Durkan Memorial

They have wanted him at kempton for years. it's now or never

He looked as good today as he ever did, he attacks his fences. Lining up to be a brilliant race

They have always had a hardon for Kempton. Good ground there and he will travel

HDB on Facebook....
Re Sizing Europe and the King George;

It's a race that Alan would love to try and have a go at winning, so we'll definitely be giving it some serious consideration...

Sizing's 2m RPR's since his novice season:

At more than 2m:

Though most of the latter were on sft, not one of them was run at anything approaching a decent pace. He won't stay 3m, even around Kempton.

Well its highly unlikely that a soft 3mile chase in Ireland would be run with much pace so that can be ignored

I can't guarantee he will stay 3m on good ground but its not comparible with him barely finishing a 3m race in the soft at Downroyal

Today and the last day were both 2m 4f races, one on good ground and todays on soft ground. He is 4 from 4 over two and a half

Did he look like he was stopping at the finishing line today? Andrew Lynch didn't think so in any case.

Nothing will out jump him at Kempton for sure.

He is 14/1 for a reason, many will oppose and they will have due cause, the race will certainly be the better for his entry.

I am probably somewhat biased, but I give him a fair chance

Last edited:
Huge fan of Sizing Europe, have been since I saw him trounce Big Zeb over hurdles at Punchestown.......amazing the 2 should both go on to win the QMCC.

I curse every time I hear his owner want to run him over 3 miles he blatantly does not get the trip.

You say he'll get it on good ground Granger......He might but in some Mickey Mouse race round some track in Ireand where his class would see him through He clearly did not against a very out of sorts Kauto Star.

3 miles round Kempton in a King George? the pace they go, stamina comes into play big time and horses year after year are strung out like stars on a cloudy night.

Kempton has a reputation of being an easy track and horses that don't truly stay can win there but only if there's no pace

In the King George because it's a fast track and pace is guaranteed you better stay every yard of 3 miles or you win nothing.

The one thing that might see him home is his age as some horses do seem to stay further because they loose their youthful exuberance but the way Sizing Europe is going it would seem he still thinks he's teenager.

As you rightly point out he's not 14/1 for nothing He should go for the Tingle Creek and see how he fairs against Sprinter and if he gets his old ass kicked have ago or even better aim him at the Ryanair which might just be the perfect race for him these days.

The one thing that might see him home is his age as some horses do seem to stay further because they loose their youthful exuberance but the way Sizing Europe is going it would seem he still thinks he's teenager.

That could be the thing here. He is jumping better at a slower pace this season.

Setback. Never come back quite the same.

He would have won that champ hurdle bar injury.

His run in the AIG sent a shiver down my spine.

No, he has been much better post setback. I think you're getting carried away.

Flyingbolt went close to doing that particular double in the same year in 1966 when third behind Salmon Spray having won the Champion 2 mile chase in a hack canter by 15 lengths the day before !

No horse has done so otherwise,though I dare say if Istabraq had not been around Moscow Flyer could have.

Back