So What Was The Net Damage?

Oh yes, thanks Colin.

I had...

Inglis Drever @ 11/8
Hello Bud (Hexham) @ 9/4
Ocean Legend (Southwell) @ 12/1
Our Kes (Wolvo) @ 9/4

Oh yeah! :laughing: norty

I had backed Kasbah Bliss for a good wedge at start of year at the available 28/1, and I was cheering Inglis on even though I'd had a poxy couple hundred on him at 11/8. Was so pleased to see him get up and do mine, even though I'd have won a the same amount as my 4-fold if Kasbah won.

Lovely to see. :D

Must of been those two magpies ;)

I had a winning day yesterday - Thursday - by quite a lot, but I lost out marginally Tuesday and heavily today, partly because I wasn't able to get at my laptop, esp today, to keep things under control, but mainly overall from antepost bets on BF which were NRs.

NEVER AGAIN!! I have really learned my lesson about antepost betting... I got away with it last year thanks to Denman but this year's lot has left me sufficiently in arrears not to try it again.

I had a very long string of seconds over the meeting; and my two biggest bets in stakes terms which were Franchoek and Sizing Europe - well we all know the end of those stories. For reasons too complicated to go into I wasn't able to do any RFCTs either and I'd have been up possibly, if I'd played my usual game.

Finally, I have to say that without 'place only' bets on BF I'd be a lot worse off :brows:

I was sat with a lovely group of Scottish people yesterday in the ROA marquee. They had some amazing "information" from Ireland that was being phoned through which they freely shared and certainly helped with my betting choices. I gave the table Denman, and although they didn't win a fortune, I felt I had somehow played my part too. These people were from a show jumping background so knew Sue Smith very well. A few of them had had a very good win on Mr. McGoldrick on Thursday so they had a few thousand quid to play with yesterday. These were fairly big gamblers which the Tote staff found to be great news as they got a massive tip everytime they collected on a winning ticket!

As always, if I have a good betting day at The Cheltenham Festival I always go and purchase something from the shopping village before I go home as a momento from the day. I have a lovely painting of Cheltenham racecourse on my wall to constantly remind me of a particularly good day at Cheltenham few years back!

I lost on Tuesday and Thursday, but certainly made up for it yesterday!

Now where is that abacus? :rolleyes: :D

I won again, just like I do every year. I had a little purple patch on Friday - Fiveforthree at 16/1 when I was just about to throw in the towel. A last minute inspirational bet on Celestial Halo, which I then doubled onto Denman who I wanted to win rather than actually fancied.

My big disappointment was the placepots, which historically seem to save me at least every second year. This time round I went out on the first leg every day.

Only a small profit in the end, but when you're already getting round to figuring out how to explain the depleted bank funds to the wife, a small profit is a huge comfort.

Tuesday was a non starter really for me-work came first so only had a few minor bets which resulted in an about even result.My aim this year though was to stick to minimum bets as I have had the old fingers burnt in past years.

With Weds abandoned It was on to Thursday. Having entered various comps (including TH's) I entered these in the ATR comp:

12:30 Peter O'Sullevan National Hunt Chase Challenge Cup (Amateur)
5 points each-way (10 points total) on Old Benny at 14/1 WON

13:05 Royal & SunAlliance Chase (Grade 1)
10 points to win on Albertas Run at SP WON

13:40 Jewson Novices' Handicap Chase (Listed)
10 points each-way (20 points total) on Barbers Shop at 10/1 2nd

14:20 Seasons Holidays Queen Mother Champion Chase (Grade 1)
20 points to win on Voy Por Ustedes at 11/4 2nd

14:55 Ryanair Chase (Grade 1)
5 points each-way (10 points total) on Turko at SP 3rd

15:30 Ladbrokes.com World Hurdle (Grade 1)
10 points each-way (20 points total) on Kasbah Bliss at 10/1 2nd

16:05 Racing Post Plate Handicap Chase (Grade 3)
5 points each-way (10 points total) on Boychuk at 33/1 Ran on well to 6th

16:40 Pertemps Final Handicap Hurdle (Listed)
5 points each-way (10 points total) on Ballyfitz at SP WON

17:15 Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup Handicap Chase (Amateur)
10 points each-way (20 points total) on Nykel at 16/1 PU

17:50 Weatherbys Champion Bumper Standard Open NH Flat Race (Grd1)
10 points each-way (20 points total) on Genuine Pearl at 25/1 U/P

So 2 double figure winners,a 4/1 winner & 3 places.

Only trouble was I backed only one of them for real,Albertas Run :angy:

Friday resulted in a minor loss but I only had 3 bets.

Overall I ended up about £30 down so not too despondent. :D

I was down as well, Kasbah Bliss coming 2nd, Osana coming 2nd didnt help matters. My main fancies were all blown out - Group Captain, Wanango, River Laine. But the racing was superb and there were some top performances. Cant wait for Aintree.

120 down on the week

main bets sizing europe i fancy katchit as well didnt back it :angy:
and psycho :angy: :angy: :angy: stupid carberry
had new alco 2nd on the first day unlucky

fivefortheree saved me a wipeout :laughing: norty

Didnt have a winner Tuesda, small profit Thursday, two losers yesterday, both in photo finishes but landed the placepot to keep my head above water.....just.

Tuesday, minimal bets, Katchit to be top Brit in the Champion was main bet, good day. Placed good few bets for the rest of the week with the winnings.

Wednesday was probably the best Day 2 I've ever had, no racing, no bets, no losers!

Thursday, armageddon, 10 races, no winners, QM a financial dent, if a racing inspiration, needed Apt Approach to place in the Bumper to save the day with some Ruby multiples, it didn't.

Friday, poor start, Group Captain down, recovery in the next, big time thatnks to Davy Russel getting Misselot home in the photo, 10/1 on Tuesday eve minus 10p rule 4. Had some forecasts in the next 2 including Denman to beat Neptune Collanges, so close, 2 final bets of the meeting, Tiger Cri and Victram, so thanks to Tiger & Misselot finished ahead overall, not millions, but after Thursday it didn't look likely!

Up about 100 euro after it all, mainly thanks to Kruguyrova and Inglis Drever. It could have been a bad week were it not for the two of them. :)

9 winners & 8 place picks up across the 3 days to end up showing a nice healthy profit on the week.

Had a cracking start on Tuesday with 4 out of the 6 winners to set the week up very nicely.

Roll on the Aintree Festival........ :clap: :clap:

Pretty well broke even, which to be honest I'd have settled for as I never felt anything like the same level of confidence as previous years. Was done by a coupole of incongrous trainers decisions to target the wrong race, and couldn't lay a glove on the handicaps. I don't seem to have any hard luck or the one that got away stories though so it's not as if I'm kicking myself this year over the five figure wins I should have had and didn't act on in previous.

2008 will always be the year I finally got the Arkle monkey off my back. For some reason I'd never won this race even though it's one of the more predictable. In fact that would be the nearest to the 'one that got away' as I picked the first three home in order and then settled for backign Tidal Bay in a single

Sizing Europe would have been my first ever five figure winner.Got so upset that I changed my mind about Garde Champetre.Was really edgy after that and laid Ashkazar for the most I have ever laid a horse for.
Delighted Wednesday was called off spent quality time with my daughter and managed to see a few races that repaired the damage from Tuesday.Not being funny but there was some right results on Wednesday.
On Thursday Possol was my handicap nap of the week -had a cut at 25s ew and backed it on betfair.Had a small bet on Barber Shop at 14 with the intention of laying it all off at 1.22 in running-couldn't believe it was matched.Was strongly against Tamarinbleu in the Champion Chase.Place laid it for enough to get the heart beating at an average of 4-5.Big ew bets on Billyvoddan and Blazing Baileys took a chunk from the profits.Laying Inglis Drever at 11-10 in running took me back to square 1.Went into the pub to watch bumper.After a couple of hours one of my mates demanded ATR be put on.There was a race just about to go off at Wolves I had a quick look at The Sun(had left RP at home).I liked the jockey Declan Cannon -took advantage of betfairs new low stakes and backed him at 27s.He won the race .Next race at Wolves I laid 5 people different win or place bets.Was so busy trying to remember their bets that I took no interest in the outsider I had backed -when the crossed the line the lads bets were all stuffed and I had managed to back the 25/1 winner.
On Friday I started off with a tremendous result in the mares hurdle -laying the field at 1.32 in running.Small lays of FrancHoek and Kauto Star meant I was home and hosed.I also managed to win peanuts on the 3 mile hurdle and lay Junior at 1.32 in the Coral Hurdle.
Finished off the week backing Rio de Janeiro in the County Hurdle at a 3 figure price.I was so frazzled at that stage that I didn't do an ew bet.
Made a four figure sum -Wolverhampton and the in running were very good to me.
I am completely washed out by it,emotionally and physically it was draining.I have put in about 2 hours work 6 nights a week for the last month or so and I am looking to a break away from it.

Back