So what wins the Kerry Nash?

Marb

Journeyman
Roll up guys. I love this race. Last winner I backed in it was Ponmeoth. It was that long ago, that I don't even think I've spelt it's name right!

After a gruelling flat season, which bar about three horses, including City Of Troy, is generally about backing the right horses on the right days, this is a race on Wednesday, that I hope will see a consistent horse in good form win the race on the bridle by 3 lengths.

So henceforth, tell me, what wins the Kerry Nash?

Pat Neville is very sweet on The Real Whacker.
He trained the runner up a few years ago when he trained locally before emigrating.
Going should suit and a more colourful combination won't be seen during Wren Boys night later in the week.
Even Bryan MacMahon in his poem Lovely Listowel could not imagine such colour
" They came from Castleisland, they came from Tralee
And a fine looking gentleman, he came from Fiji
A German, an Englishman, A Swede and a Pole
'twas more like Geneva than Lovely Listowel "
See you there .

I would quite like to see a non runner or two to allow Thecompanysergeant a run off a very low weight. He's open to a lot of improvement now in handicaps.

Handicapper has given Fakir D'oudaries a chance here.
Proven grade 1 performer/ winner. Up 8n trip, but this is quite a tight track.
Could be too classy for most of these.
18/1 WH makes some ew appeal.

I've chosen Solitary Man aswell as Thecompanysergeant doesn't get a run.

Good luck all. Hopefully one of us lands the winner.

Last edited:
I've chosen Solitary Man aswell as Thecompanysergeant doesn't get a run.

Good luck all. Hopefully one of us lands the winner.
Just looked at Thecompanysergeant and don’t understand number 21 is running and not 19 & 20 - I thought reserves were in preference?
If so I doubt he will run even if more non runners

You have to declare to get a run now, compared to the olden times when connections were contacted in rotation if one or more came out.
19 and 20 have preference but if they are not declared then 21 gets in having declared at the declaration time.
Kerry National has a great history of reserves winning.
Your Busy did so for Ross O'Sullivan with wife Katie Walsh riding while White Star Line did for a better fancied (JP owned) stable companion the previous year.

You have to declare to get a run now, compared to the olden times when connections were contacted in rotation if one or more came out.
19 and 20 have preference but if they are not declared then 21 gets in having declared at the declaration time.
Kerry National has a great history of reserves winning.
Your Busy did so for Ross O'Sullivan with wife Katie Walsh riding while White Star Line did for a better fancied (JP owned) stable companion the previous year.
So Thecompanysargent could of run but trainer has decided against it

As Rob says, it won't be a massive surprise to see Fakir D do well and equally Busselton who seems to have been around for donkeys y's but still only 7. Super tough to call with anything approaching confidence, though, looks very strong on paper.

It's a really good race chaumi. The Real Whacker is drifting to a backable price. Positives are he's second top weight and it's a decent track for higher weights and he's better going left handed despite the Gold Cup which obviously was too hot for him. Negatives could be strong field obv and maybe the jockey? Sam can't have ridden there before.

I’m giving Hurricane Georgie a chance (25/1 6 places with SkyBet) hoping she wasn’t just beating up a few that may be past it (Easy Game, Janidil) last time out. Slightly put off as Jack Kennedy and Jordan Gainford have opted for stablemates but she wouldn’t be 25/1 if either of those two was up

I've backed Zanahiyr (8/1). Chase mark is a bit low compared to its hurdles mark.

I looked at the race again this morning and saw FP was in it (hadn't noticed it the other day). Same situation. Hurdles mark low relative to chase mark and was better than Z over hurdles.

Got a call and had to leave the house early afternoon and the race went right out of my head otherwise I'd have had a saver on it.

Back