Sorry if this is old news - re: Mr Aviator

• Thread starter Thread starter ItalianStallion
  • Start date Start date
I don't think that racehorse trainers are any different than people who have other professions. People are people and some enjoy communicating, others do not.

Let's face it, some people still send thank you cards following a dinner, present, weekend visit, etc, some people send Xmas cards to all and sundry, some people write letters, or make a lot of phone calls - and some just do not communicate in that way with anyone other than their own family and very close friends.

I worked as PA to two rock stars in the 70's and one of them paid me to reply to all fan letters, (and some were pretty weird) the other one read them and appreciated them but never replied because he said if you do they keep writing and drive you insane.

I've also had a top trainer say to me that they have stopped sending autographed pics out to people because many of those were subsequently auctioned off at ebay for profit!

I agree with people here who say by all means send a card or letter - I know many people really do appreciate them, and that is the spirit in which they ought to be sent.

Agree totally, eps with something like training horses. Tho Sir Mark P doesn't like having owners round and no-one would be suspicious of him. They all know they can trust him I guess. I've heard Stoute is not encouraging, and some chums with a small syndicate there said they never got to meet the great man!

One friend of mine leased a home-bred to a well-known trainer last summer, and had terrible trouble getting to see her horse, and the guy was surly with it, to her astonishment as she'd always been quite friendly with him socially before that. She is now using A N Other trainer!

A few trainers I know seem to be almost a branch of the social services on the other hand - I wonder how anything gets done with people turning up all hours LOL

Last edited:
Back