Spain: Crisis in Monarchy.

As a humanist egalitarian I find the presence of a Monarchy is a negative influencer on the self-esteem of the citizen and that this absence of positivity transmits to sub-optiumum social and economic conditions in the State. The EU entity does not assume this caste system and as such is a superior model.

I don't disagree that the idea of position by birth is a nonsense but to say it has had an economic effect is stretching it way too far. You really think that the states mentioned above are hindbound by a lack of confident enterprise?

Last edited:
Don't know what the hell will happen in Thailand (as if it isn't happening already) when the old King decides to ascend. Worked and lived in that region for over 10-years and, I can tell you, the Crown Prince was mighty unpopular, to put it mildly. His sister was revered by just about the whole population, but she has little chance of taking-over from her dad.

As a humanist egalitarian I find the presence of a Monarchy is a negative influencer on the self-esteem of the citizen and that this absence of positivity transmits to sub-optiumum social and economic conditions in the State. The EU entity does not assume this caste system and as such is a superior model.

Yes, I find the presence of an executive President a negative influence too. Don't envy your country at all, frankly, presuming you are a Yank, of course?

Yes, I find the presence of an executive President a negative influence too. Don't envy your country at all, frankly, presuming you are a Yank, of course?

Our thumbed nose to George III was of course emblematic in the development of a society where the needs of the citizen were placed ahead of the inherited rights of the elite. Of course the succeeding 200 years have pot holes on the pavement but we are the most successful country on Earth. And we don't have a Monarchy. Coincidence? I think not.

Could equally argue that there is just a bit more economic inequality than Sweden and the Netherlands say... Which have monarchs

Our thumbed nose to George III was of course emblematic in the development of a society where the needs of the citizen were placed ahead of the inherited rights of the elite. Of course the succeeding 200 years have pot holes on the pavement but we are the most successful country on Earth. And we don't have a Monarchy. Coincidence? I think not.

If there are potholes on the pavement one must drive on the sidewalk.

The problem was always communications. There were no teleprinter (telex) machines then. This played into the hands of Washington and Co. Yes, you have done well, but you would have been more successful had you lived within your means? You're not a bad lot really, though. The monarchies of Europe? Damn all we can do about it, they have just too many hangers-on and grass roots supporters. Never really understood why, but we just have to live with it here, just as you have to live with hare-brained extremists such as the Tea Party?

Last edited:

Saints above an capall surely you have not deserted the Emerald Isle entirely ?

It's a well known fact that the overwhelming majority of Irish people in the USA live in Boston. Except the ones in New York.

I understand that most of them are policemen.

Begorrah.

Back