Spinal research "the atlantic 4" gold cup

Ghizao 6/1 Quantitativeeasing 6/1 Sunnyhillboy 6/1 Divers 7/1 Great Endeavour 7/1 Medermit 10/1 Havingotascoobydo (reserve) 12/1 Roudoudou Ville 12/1 Imsingingtheblues 14/1 Salut Flo 16/1 Tatenen 20/1 Finger Onthe Pulse 25/1 Matuhi 25/1 Roberto Goldback 25/1 Woolcombe Folly 25/1 Calgary Bay 33/1 Nomecheki 33/1 Mad Moose 40/1

So help me but I'm giving Quantitativeeasing another chance here. Nicky's horses are running very well just now.

I like the shape and composition of Roudoudou Ville's backside, strong, compact and narrow which is what I like in my chasers - head in size with the length of his neck very nice.

Not a lot going forward in terms of the structure of his front part of the body but I think that's going to come in time, would like a bit more deepness to the girth for this trip - looks more of an Arkle type to me.

Think on that evidence I'm going to have a £10 win!

Bad luck Bruce but not as bad luck as AP evidently don't listen to Jonjo .

I could not believe it when he chose Sunnyhillboy not Quantativeeasing - Sboy is much too slow for 2m 4f these days .

I really don't know who these people are who back Sunnyhillboy into favouritism for nearly every race he runs in! QE stayed on like a train.

Well done Katharine.

I really don't know who these people are who back Sunnyhillboy into favouritism for nearly every race he runs in! QE stayed on like a train.

Well done Katharine.

Probably because you don't understand what makes markets move. Sunnyhillboy's issue today was the trip. He was taken off his feet the pace they went.

Salut Flo looked to be going very well before that horrible mistake three out . If he is OK he could be the one for the race on New Year's Day .

The one I obviously want to back is QE, however, there's something about the horse that makes me hesitate.

He strikes me as one of those yokes who will spend several years working it right up you; with humiliation being the only reward......only to run out a hard-held 66/1 winner, off 10-2 in the William Hill as a 14yo - on the only occassion you've left him unbacked in 17 races.

If Wishfull Thinking runs a big race in the Tingle Creek, I might be inclined to side with Merdemit in this. He's honest, consistent, likes the track, wants the trip and seems to be on a fairish mark. he has very few question marks against him, imo, and you know you're on a trier.

Go on.....have a guess......

:(

Probably because you don't understand what makes markets move. Sunnyhillboy's issue today was the trip. He was taken off his feet the pace they went.
I do, Euro does but i'm not sure you do - he gets repeatedly talked up, JP wades in, etc. He is slow.

Could be abit more to it than that.

They pulled off a massive touch with Sunnyhillboy at Sandown prior to the County Hurdle and got wade in again. For some unknown reason he dropped out very tamely just as the pace quickened around the 3rd last.

Apparently gobsmacked they had him checked out but found nothing and sent him to Aintree. He drfited out to 16/1 and lo and behold he hacked up.

Jonjo said before the race, after the cash was down of course, he thought they had found the problem and openly said he thought he'd go close.

Obviously there's something amiss with him he's run way too badly to be true because one thing he is not, is slow.

I heard that Sunnyhillboy was found to have a fibrillating heart, which would explain his poor performance. Depending on the recovery time he would still be one to think about for a big Festival handicap in my opinion. Connections were clearly expecting him to go very close yesterday.

Back