Spirit Son

Very disappointing. He looked a horse of enormous promise.

Not sure where this leaves the Champion Hurdle. Let's hope some of last year's Novices progress or it could be a rather poor renewal.

Simonsig would be interesting if he stayed hurdling but I'm pretty sure he goes jumping. Outside of that last years novices didn't blow me away

Anyone any thoughts on whether Quevega could possibly place or better in a CH?

Might just be rumours about Simonsig staying hurdling but if he does it doesn't say much about Henderson's other hurdlers. I think Grandoet is overrated and am unsure of the worth of last season's Supreme form so Quevega would be very interesting in a rather mundane looking (at this stage admittedly) Champion Hurdle.

There was. But Mount Benbulben was disappointing at Cheltenham, Trifolium is hopefully going chasing and Alderwood is nine next year for all that he had excellent form at the back end of the season. Is there any news on Felix Yonger's possible targets?

My preferences would be

Grandouet if coming back fit at well
Rock On Ruby &
Zarkander is very interesting and is the most likely improver of the three this season and went of fav in the Aintree hurdle :ninja:

Mini rant alert - bearing in mind whats wrong with him and the chances of him living being not great,let alone anything else, I'm disappointed in the amount of people I've seen who cant at least expressing some form of emotion suggesting they hope he gets better - it really wouldn't kill punters to pretend to care a bit about the health of a horse other than for the reason that if he's not healthy you can't win money on him....

Mini rant over,chiefly cos its not really directed at anyone on here :)

Grandouet needs to have grown up to figure properly in a champion IMO, cant see rock on ruby retaining it but at the moment I don't know who will take it from them. Can't see quevega running in anything other than her race. Love to see something of mccains step up - cinders and ashes maybe?

Last edited:
It's grey :)

More importantly hope that Spirit Son is on the mend soon and if not back racing is at least well enough to enjoy a long and happy retirement :)

Mini rant alert - bearing in mind whats wrong with him and the chances of him living being not great,let alone anything else, I'm disappointed in the amount of people I've seen who cant at least expressing some form of emotion suggesting they hope he gets better - it really wouldn't kill punters to pretend to care a bit about the health of a horse other than for the reason that if he's not healthy you can't win money on him....

Mini rant over,chiefly cos its not really directed at anyone on here :)

Grandouet needs to have grown up to figure properly in a champion IMO, cant see rock on ruby retaining it but at the moment I don't know who will take it from them. Can't see quevega running in anything other than her race. Love to see something of mccains step up - cinders and ashes maybe?

Glad I never had him in the dead pool list:ninja:

Back