Spotthedifference

Is there any reason Enda Bolger never really tried to scale up to "real" racing. I don't know anything about him, just seems a bit odd, he'd surely be very much in demand.

Also an amazing performance by Puntal after running out and being a good furlong or so behind the leaders, yet finished 3rd only 3L off the winner, the one for March?

Ovation from the crowd around the parade ring surpassed anything I have experienced there, not necessarily loud cheering but sustained applause and again when he left the ring. Did bring a lump to the throat I confess, please God (and JP) let him retire now.

It has to be something that Spotthedifference is never unlucky in the race.

The question crossed my mind about Bolger. When I was a young'un he used to win five point to points for PP Hogan every Sunday. Must prefer the hunting and point-to-point field to the pressure. Arguably shows more talent than plenty other McManus patrons.

Originally posted by Garney@Nov 16 2007, 06:57 PM
It has to be something that Spotthedifference is never unlucky in the race.
I think he simply knows his way ´round there on his own. Guess we he sees these fences he thinks "great stuff - I know the short cuts" :D

:luv: :luv: :luv: :clap: :clap: :clap:

With my day tinged with sadness having seen the awful fall of the very promising Granite Jack, I just think about Spot's wonderful win yesterday and hope to god he is retired sooner rather than later. Personally, I feel reaching 14 yo as a successful jumper he has more than proved the point that he is consistant, brave, genuine and for me now needs to look forward to a long and happy retirement doing something a little less dangerous.

I can understand where your coming from Kathy but he looks as though he relishes what he does. Granted there is a danger to it but even if retired he will still be out hunting etc and that has its dangers.

I have to say that yesterday when I thought he had collapsed rather than just slipped over, I thought it would have been a great touch if someone had got on the mike and announced his retirement on the spot after his tumultuous reception and five minute round of applause.

I am always fearful that it won't be his jumping that lets him down, Galileo. At the end of the day the decision is that of the owners and the trainer. If he were mine (I wish) he would have proved enough to have earned the right to a slower pace of life.

You can probably tell I am definitely not the bravest owner in the world! :shy: :)

Back