St leger 2015

That a Global sport has different rules in each country is a nonsense, especially with the global Bloodstock business where Black type has more value than if the gold medals were pure gold. It is surely time for change to modify this.

Most High St bookies would have paid out on both on the day Harry with their first past the post concession - hence my comments that they'd be p155ed as ultimately they shouldn't have had to pay out on Bondi Beach (who was favourite to boot) but I'd be amazed if any one of them that didn't turned round and coughed up now.

I wasn't involved financially in the race but at the time I said Colm was superb in the stewards room -I wonder if there has been a backlash against this.There has been an incredible amount of media cheerleading for Simple Verse and a great deal of sympathy for the same connections Arlington disqualification.Does today legitimise forcing your way out of trouble.
I'm not going to lose any sleep over Coolmore losing a big race but what do the rules really mean.

Ladbrokes have paid out antepost -a friend of mine backed Atzeni to ride a classic winner at 12/1 at the start of the year with Hills and is hoping for a result.

Bit of a farce. Would imagine the whip ban may have contributed to reverse.

Fair play to O'Brien who took it well.

I wasn't involved financially in the race but at the time I said Colm was superb in the stewards room -I wonder if there has been a backlash against this.There has been an incredible amount of media cheerleading for Simple Verse and a great deal of sympathy for the same connections Arlington disqualification.Does today legitimise forcing your way out of trouble.
I'm not going to lose any sleep over Coolmore losing a big race but what do the rules really mean.
Agree 100%. I wasn't involved financially either but I'm appalled. Would have been kicked out in almost any other jurisdiction in the racing world for a deliberate act.

Last edited:
Back