Summer Mile

trackside528

At the Start
Looks a tricky race in terms of punting, but a very interesting race nevertheless.

Though Cesare is probably the most likely winner, he is the least interesting long-term prospect in the race IMO. Godolphin desperately need Ramonti to come back to his best given the struggle they've had thusfar this year, especially with the older horses.

Watching Archipenko in Dubai in the Spring, I thought he would be very interesting over 10 furlongs on fast ground. It'll be very interesting to see how he goes tommorrow, potentially with a view to running in something like the Juddmonte.

Pressing is an interesting runner back over a mile as well, given how well he travelled through much of the Prince of Wales's. Could prove to be best over a strongly-run mile perhaps?

Anybody have any strong opinions punting-wise (or otherwise)?

Looks like there'll be plenty of pace on. Kandidate usually goes to the lead, Pressing has run up with the leaders on each of his last four runs (showing his best form in the process) and obvously Ramonti is no stranger to getting to the front early and gutsing it out. Will all that just serve to set it up for Cesare?

Good to Soft, Good in places although judging by the map on the Truftrax site it could be the other way around.

Old mile Euro, IIRC.

Cesare is always opposable at a short price. Archipenko may be interesting, he`s 6.2 on Betfair which seems a bit big to me.

Pressing back at a mile is interesting. I would imagine Godolphin will be just looking for a good run from Ramonti today with bigger targets ahead.

I've just never understood the hard-on for Cesare. Euro might be right with Archipenko, but a straight lay of the favourite looks great value.

I've just never understood the hard-on for Cesare. ...but a straight lay of the favourite looks great value.

Currently 2.44 in the pink column. Thing is all his serious rivals have penalties so the only way he loses this for me is the man up top Spencer fecking it up. Soooo, how likely is that given the small field? He`ll need to get to 2.2ish then i might tuck in.

He`s popular because he looks awesome against trees and unlucky when he`s exposed to Group 1 animals.

Yep, it's the penalties that are swinging it. Thing is, what's a 5lb penalty worth over a mile? 2 1/2 lengths? You know Spencer's gonna give that much ground up to at least one of the Group 1 winners during the race. But as I said, the pace profile says it'll set up for a closer...

To be honest I think it comes down to how fit and ready Ramonti is. He's good enough to give Cesare 5lbs at his best. In other words, I think the market has it about right.

Seems to be money for Pressing but not a bean for Archipenko on Betfair. Front two are static.

Ramonti's fto form reads 1-1-2. Archipenko comes in off the back of a G1 win. Pressing is very interesting back at 8f. Elusive Warning is an unknown prospect.

Cesare has had 8 attempts in group company and has finished in the places only twice. Place lay (two places) @ 1.58.

Let's not mess around.

Careful about expecting too much from Archipenko - de Kock just there on C4 must have made about half a dozen references to this being a prep for the Arlington Million!

God that de Kock can train - if that's what he does in the prep, what chance has he got when he ships to the States?

Edit: Winner was 15.5 on Betfair at the off.

Great effort and clever ride from the winning jockey.

As for Ramonti, Dettori hardly gave it a ride that was going to help him build for the the season ahead. Got him trapped right out wide and failed to get the horse to settle. He should have been stuck right out the back and at least let him finish the race well.

I can't think of too many horses that have been sold out of Ballydoyle who have gone on to bigger things, indeed de Kock has taken on the likes of Mullins Bay and Eagle Mountain with little reward thus far, but this just continues to confirm the impression that they dropped a bollock selling this fella (unless they got really silly money for him).

I can't think of too many horses that have been sold out of Ballydoyle who have gone on to bigger things, indeed de Kock has taken on the likes of Mullins Bay and Eagle Mountain with little reward thus far, but this just continues to confirm the impression that they dropped a bollock selling this fella (unless they got really silly money for him).

It depends how you look at it Gareth, while obviously a stallion prospect, Coolmore will be retiring the likes of Henrythenavigator,Duke Of Marmalade, Soldier Of Fortune etc at the end of this season...unless Archipenko does land a Group 1 in Europe he wouldn't really match up.

Happy to see him run well though and confirm his previous promise...I had him backed at 100/1 for the Derby..he never for a moment looked like winning that race.

A Group 1 winning (with potentially more to come) son of Kingmambo out of a half-sister to Nureyev and Fairy Bridge? I'm not saying he'd be demanding top price at stud, but they'd surely find a place for him somewhere. As it is he'll probably end up somewhere at Darley given his new owner.

Back