Sun Chariot Stakes

Guest_

At the Start
Looks like a repeat of the Matron Stakes...looks a cracker.

Lush Lashes 6/4
Youresothrilling 7/2
Halfway To Heaven 5/1
Listen 5/1
Nahoodh 5/1
Darjina 6/1
Visit 8/1
Mad About You 10/1
Spacious 10/1
Heaven Sent 12/1
Arch Swing 16/1
18/1 Bar

Any idea what the ground will be?

Surely if it's soft Lush Lashes would be banker material - Darjina unlikely to travel for a soft ground event.

Didn't realise it was that fast, must be a chance she'll come over and 6/1 is huge. Think bar Lush Lashes the best female milers are Goldikova and Zakarva by some distance.

Didn't realise it was that fast, must be a chance she'll come over and 6/1 is huge. Think bar Lush Lashes the best female milers are Goldikova and Zakarva by some distance.

She was not that far in front of a few of these in Leopardstown. All out in fact.

She won despite the ground at Leopardstown. Let's not make this complicated - Lush Lashes is better the faster it is.

The Matron is often a muddling race where they don't get as stretched as they should. Having said that, it's getting to that time of year where I don't like betting on fillies, plenty will run poorly for no good reason.

She won despite the ground at Leopardstown. Let's not make this complicated - Lush Lashes is better the faster it is.

Agreed.

It will be interesting to see which one Murtagh goes for..assuming he goes here and not Longchamp. In fact a few of these might re-route to Sunday's L'Opera?

Last edited:
Looks like a repeat of the Matron Stakes...looks a cracker.

Lush Lashes 6/4
Youresothrilling 7/2
Halfway To Heaven 5/1
Listen 5/1
Nahoodh 5/1
Darjina 6/1
Visit 8/1
Mad About You 10/1
Spacious 10/1
Heaven Sent 12/1
Arch Swing 16/1
18/1 Bar

How in God's name is Youresothrilling shorter than Darjina?! In fact, Darjina should be a clear second favourite. If the ground continues to ride quick, she must rate (even at slightly lower odds) as good an each way bet as there is.

How in God's name is Youresothrilling shorter than Darjina?! In fact, Darjina should be a clear second favourite. If the ground continues to ride quick, she must rate (even at slightly lower odds) as good an each way bet as there is.

Youresothrilling and Halfwaytoheaven are running in France on Sunday.

Darjina currently Fav at 2 on BF, but only £1950 bet so far!**
Acc to the market such as it is, it's a 2 horse race

I'm only 25 miles from Nmkt and it's rained a lot here in the last 36 hours, for a while this afternoon quite heavily; it's def not GF on my lawn LOL. But you do get a lot of 'microclimates' round here in Suffolk.

The forecast is for clear skies on Saturday and it's very breezy, so it's hard to second guess what the ground will be by Saturday. Just seen the local forecast which is for showers on Friday and strong winds.

** PS someone spent a fiver and she's now up to 3.5 so LL is back to Fav LOL

Last edited:
Final declarations...

Barshiba (IRE)
Darjina (FR)
Harvest Queen (IRE)
Heaven Sent
Eva's Request (IRE)
Festoso (IRE)
Halfway To Heaven (IRE)
Listen (IRE)
Nahoodh (IRE)
Spacious
Visit

I presume it was a dry night in Newmarket as all the money has come for the French mare this morning. I have really enjoyed these filly & mare only races this season and looking forward to this one. Lets hope the rain holds off.

Interesting to note that Murtagh rides Youresothrilling ahead of Moonstone tomorrow in France and Spencer rides Listen today. Suggests the two best Ballydoyle fillys (Listen & Yoursothrilling) were injured all season and would have taken high rank but for it.

Last edited:
Taken 2s on Darjina. She really should outclass these. It`s taken colts or really high class fillies to beat her this year and the ground has come right.

Suggests the two best Ballydoyle fillys (Listen & Yoursothrilling) were injured all season and would have taken high rank but for it.

Any chance the trip is something to do with rejecting Moonstone tomorrow? She looks unlikely to benefit from the drop to 10f.

Perhaps, also just listened to an interview with O'Brien and he said Yoursothrilling is more forward than Moonstone who is returning from a injury induced break.

Back to this race, ground is now Good To Firm, Firm in places. I liked Listen but not on this ground...French filly should win well.

What a fecking price..

RUK were wetting themselves over Darjina before the race...they sound pretty gutted!

Last edited:
looks like the winner outstayed Darjina when they started the final climb..both clear of the rest..would imagine darjina has run up to her best there

Back