Sunday 20th October 2024

yorick

Conditional
I'm feeling the warm glow of a profitable couple of days as we head into autumn proper and even though my heart sinks with the announcement of the beginning of the storm alphabet (Ashley), I'm eagerly anticipating the NH season.

Sufficiently emboldened by my last two days of credit, I'll be having a bit of interest today but by no means with horses I'v been waiting for. These are just form choices but I hope they acquit themselves with credit.

Frere d'Armes - 3.25 Kempton 11/4 Once again, looked like the winner but flattered to deceive. Doesn't like to go past, this one.

Thecompanysergeant - 3.50 Limerick 9/1 Ew single A good pace, which resulted in jumping errors; just didn't jump soundly enough.
I look forward to this one running. This is his handicap debut. Thus far, he's been running over 2m - 2.4m but it's obvious, I think, from his breeding, that this is going to be a much more suitable distance. He'll handle the going ok and the jock's ridden the horse to win previously.

Jesuitique - 4.20 Sedgefield 3/1 And drift it did 11/2 winner.
There may be form lines that show's this one could be well enough in to give it a good go here. Not much of a price but let's hope for a drift.

Pappa Poutine - 3.50 Sedgefield. 15/2 Not wound up for it today but had a good blow-out
Ew L15

Rubaud - 4.00 Kempton 13/8
Won well and a nice drift, too. 9/4
Autumn Winter - 4.45 Leopardstown 7/4 Not sure the change in ground suited but luckily I managed to get the winner, Arch Enemy, in running @12's
2 x Win Singles
Win Double

Last edited:
Back