Docofthebay (2nd)

Today
Prolific (3rd)
Michita (1st) :clap:
Coastal Path (3rd)
King Of Rome (3rd)
Dream Desert (3rd)

Plus a couple of outright bingers.

Fingers crossed for better luck tomorrow.

I'd say it's the easiest, with maybe the exception of the Chester May Meeting. I do restrict myself though admitedly with my near on zero stakes on National Hunt racing these days.

Spin Cycle had to be the most frustrating horse I've backed in a long while today though, fancied it weeks ago but pussied out on having as big a e/w bet as I'd originally planned and he gets nailed on the line.

Yeah, it`s very much a personal think i guess. I always do well at Goodwood which is a meeting i know has a reputation for being tough.

York Ebor has always been favourable for me and never seem to lose at Wincanton's Badger Beer meeting.

Ascot been good to me this year and last year but a 25/1 winner each year has certainly helped.

Its a hard meeting without a doubt.My gameplan for the week was a select few bets on outsiders.Was tempted by the 6/4 Yeats this morning and had enough on to put me ahead for the week so far.

Desert Orchid,

I know how you feel my record thus far is as follows:-

Tuesday
Fleeting Spirit - 3rd
Mamlook & Liberate - 2nd & 3rd
Bushranger - 2nd

Wednesday
Aqlamm - 1st
Heaven Sent - 2nd
Lucky Leigh - 4th
Illusion - 2nd

Thursday
South Central - 1st
Arthurs Girl - 2nd
Geordieland - 2nd
Yaddree - 3rd
King Of Rome - 3rd
Moonquake - 3rd

Just wish my placepot today mirrored the above selections!!!! :cry:

Hoping for a few winners in the last two days.

In my opinion Royal Ascot is traditionally a meeting to be avoided from a punting point of view because it is very competitive and often marks a watershed in the season where early season form gets turned over and becomes irrelevant.

I have done well in the pattern events at Ascot the past few years, particularly the Group 1's.

The handicaps are always fiendishly difficult and usually the equivalent of throwing ###### at a wall in the vague hope it will stick. Unless I really fancy one I rarely have a bet in a handicap at the Royal meeting.

Those of you looking to put a line through a few today might want to know my bets for today (so far):

2.30 Cuis Ghaire (equally biggest single bet of my life :what: so spare a thought for me if she fails)
3.05 Conduit
3.45 Nahoodh
4.20 Bush Man / Supaseus
4.55 Patkai

Originally posted by Desert Orchid@Jun 20 2008, 05:48 AM
Those of you looking to put a line through a few today might want to know my bets for today (so far):

2.30 Cuis Ghaire (equally biggest single bet of my life :what: so spare a thought for me if she fails)
4.55 Patkai
I have had big bets on them, so I'll be cheering them on for you

I have had a quiet week, with only one winner from eight or nine bets.

I usually do well at the Grand National and Tingle Creek meetings, as well as on Champions Day.

I hate the Newmarket July meeting and always seem to do badly at Galway.

The only people that do well at Galway (punting that is) are the trainers that know the horse they have been keeping for it have 25lbs in hand and sometimes they get beaten by the horses that have 30lbs in hand.

Anything of Welds is usually about 6/4 and too many of those get beaten.

Originally posted by Colin Phillips@Jun 20 2008, 06:36 AM
Good luck, DO...................where will you be watching the race?
I won't see the first two and I'd hoped to watch the next three on my big screen in my room but my car developed a problem on the way to work and I might need the AA to get me home before the garage shuts :(

Originally posted by Desert Orchid@Jun 20 2008, 05:48 AM
That's a lot of the week's punts covered :)

Be very glad you didn't see the race, DO, Mrs. Orchid would have had another set of underpants to launder.

She looked to be beaten at one point but then ran on like a lion.

Congratulations.

Originally posted by Colin Phillips@Jun 20 2008, 07:30 PM
Be very glad you didn't see the race, DO, Mrs. Orchid would have had another set of underpants to launder.
The next time Mrs O launders my underpants will be the first.

She thinks an iron is a golf club.

:nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

She must have extraordinary, er, other talents and skills

:brows:

Well done for a good day's punting Do. I did well at the meeting last year, but I did poorly in the first two days, losing any money I made, and I've been too busy since to think about it since... May have a punt tomorrow, may not

Back