Tattersalls Horse In Training Sales

Some horses of interest in the sale,

Credit Swap and Steele Tango, 1st and 2nd in the Cambridgeshire
Hearts of Fire, 3rd in the St James Palace
Saptapadi, 3rd in the Geoffrey Freer
Soul City, 3rd in 2009 Irish 2000 Guineas
Temple Meads 1st in the Mill Reef Stakes

Dixie Music is in the DBS Horse In training catelogue - think he would be a right prospect on the flat and over hurdles once freshened up.

Well, ours is in the sale as we can't afford E Dunlop's outrageous training fees and his other, more wealthy, owner doesn't want to bother with him.

It's generally acknowledged Ed should never have run the colt at Salisbury - he says in his vid clip on RP re NATIVE KHAN that 'weak 2yos' shouldn't be dragged through heavy ground or something similar - so it doesn't look exactly bright he did exactly that with ours...

Anyways, he's going through the ring and he will make a very decent handicapper next year. DIAMOND GREEN has now sired 20+ winners here and abroad, so he's not a rubbish sire. The colt is sound and very willing and will make a fun horse for next year.

If anyone wants to know anything about the colt, pm me and I will put you in touch with Paul Thorman.

Apparently Fame And Glory and Dixie Music have had a split. Word is Dixie Music hasn't been leading the Fame And Glory for months at Ballydoyle.

Speculation is rife that Battleoftrafalgar is to be named Fame's new lead horse in a matter of weeks. At First Sight was apparently first choice but spurned Fame's advances.

Quite a few in there that had the burden on my cash during the summer - if only they had won me enough to buy them!

Just watching it. I see the Niarchos Family are selling a lot. Any reason or just clearing out 'the dross'?

Well judging by it being bought by an Arab connection, I suspect 200/1 would be nearer the mark.

Well judging by it being bought by an Arab connection, I suspect 200/1 would be nearer the mark.

Irish Stamp told me it was "Godolphin SNC (Hurdling Branch) - Jonjo new private trainer"

Have I been put away, again? :surrender:

Well I suppose it could be JP's Arabian brother from another mother - Hamdan Al MakManus.

Last edited:
I dunno, Comedy Act sold today, he'd be a nice type for the race. Hobbs bought him for £125k. Obviously not with the Triumoh in mind, I'd have wanted Fortuni very much - gone to Rose Dobbin for £65k.

Edit - looking through tomorrow's draft I see that Comedy Act's Doncaster conqueror - the lovely Ashbrittle, goes through the ring. He's another who would make one hell of a hurdler.

Last edited:
Actually, there is a very interesting animal who was withdrawn from the Meehan draft - Brezza di Mare. Nicely bred, even if the mare didn't do a lot, and looks the type to do far better as a three year old, quite big and backward, which the breeding would probably suggest as well. I've also a slight feeling that the ol' handbrake might have been a tad rusty - especially on his debut run - and has been, erm, 'sticking' a bit on the track so far.

Back