TH Ante Post Competition 2017 / 2018 DECEMBER SELECTIONS

I'm sorry to cause this dispute, but very happy with the reaction to fellow Talking horse members in accepting there is a problem.
The real art in this comp; is predicting the moves before the horses race, and would like the applaud Grassy.

Thanks, Max. Will probably still do my bollocks. :cool:

PS. Think you did a good job IDing chisellers like Maruco and Digger. Those dodgy fu*ckers need watching, and Art, New Approach and DG can't be expected to have eyes in the backs of their heads. :lol:

Last edited:
Penhill £500 win Stayers hurdle 16/1 Betstars

Apples Jade £500 win Champion Hurdle 25/1 Paddy Power

Final Verdict

Oddschecker Coral history for Espoir D' Allen (Triumph) and Mengli Khan (Supreme), Total Recall and Whisper (Gold Cup) and Buveur D'Air (Champion Hurdle) shows that the same pattern alleged by Maxbet is apparent. No change of prices was flagged for any of those horses until the following morning.

However on November 25th the price of Bristol De Mai was dropped by Coral from 25/1 to 10/1 on the same day as he won the Betfair Cup. The same goes for Apples Shakira and Gumball (Triumph), so there is some evidence to suggest Maxbet is right about the weekend just gone but maybe not about Coral in general. Nonetheless to avoid possible conflicts in future, as of today Corals is withdrawn from the list of "allowed" bookmakers for the purposes of this competition.

Whilst we make it absolutely clear that we don't believe anyone was deliberately trying it on we will restrict Maruco who bet on Presenting Percy post race on Sunday to 12/1,which he has already kindly indicated he will accept and Singing Detective has sent me a PM asking me to withdraw his bet. Likewise Digger has indicated he is happy to accept the odds of 16/1 about Whisper and I trust swedish chef will feel the same, however he has right to withdraw his wager in this instance. I will edit their bets to reflect this.

Last edited:
Final Verdict

Oddschecker Coral history for Espoir D' Allen (Triumph) and Mengli Khan (Supreme), Total Recall and Whisper (Gold Cup) and Buveur D'Air (Champion Hurdle) shows that the same pattern alleged by Maxbet is apparent. No change of prices was flagged for any of those horses until the following morning.

However on November 25th the price of Bristol De Mai was dropped by Coral from 25/1 to 10/1 on the same day as he won the Betfair Cup. The same goes for Apples Shakira and Gumball (Triumph), so there is some evidence to suggest Maxbet is right about the weekend just gone but maybe not about Coral in general. Nonetheless to avoid possible conflicts in future, as of today Corals is withdrawn from the list of "allowed" bookmakers for the purposes of this competition.

Whilst we make it absolutely clear that we don't believe anyone was deliberately trying it on we will restrict Maruco who bet on Presenting Percy post race on Sunday to 12/1,which he has already kindly indicated he will accept and Singing Detective has sent me a PM asking me to withdraw his bet. Likewise Digger has indicated he is happy to accept the odds of 16/1 about Whisper. I will edit their bets to reflect this.

I imagine my Whisper bet is 16/1 as well Roger as I put it up after the race on Saturday.

Thank you chef, but you have the option to withdraw it in this instance if you prefer.

Last edited:
Supasundae £250 win Stayers hurdle 20/1 - Paddy Power

The Storyteller - £250 win RSA - 25/1 Paddy Power

Mia's Storm - £250 win RSA - 25/1 Sky Bet

Disko - £250 win Gold Cup - 25/1 Bet 365

Last edited:
Albert Bartlett - Blow by Blow 250e/w @ 33-1 betfair
JLT - Topofthegame 250e/w @ 25-1 B365

Back