TH National Hunt Cup

Provisional draw for Round Two next week with one or two things to sort out fairly

Names in red have first choice of meeting by midnight Thursday

Meeting%20C_zpsh3nifkux.jpg

Meeting%20D_zpsplkimkug.jpg

Notes

Desperate Dan and zongalero both scored 16pts but Desperate Dan had three winners opposed to zongalero's two so I awarded home advantage to Dan

Kauto Abu and TheBear both scored 14pts but there is no apparent way to split them on countback of wins, seconds etc. If either has any ideas please say, meanwhile I'll have a think.

chroniclandlord and Maruco to replay as explained above.

Shall we just say the fixture on ITV Kauto? Ascot I think.

I only have poor man's telly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i'm easy bear. Whatever works. Whats on nxt week anyway. Wincanton, Ascot & Haydock? Not sure what Irish racing is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how many races to do, but given its just me and Chroniclandlord we might as well do all of them I guess, unless you've any objections CL? We might as well have the interest for the full card.

1.30 Mill Quest
2.00 Canelie
2.30 Bapaume
3.00 Saturnas
3.30 Bellshill
4.00 Minella Rocco
4.30 Foxrock
5.00 Someday

Don't mind the pair of you doing this as a one off as it just involves the pair of you and home advantage in the next round has already been earned by Ivanthe terrible who scored 18pts today as opposed to the 12pts each in your draw.

Want to point out though that there was a good reason for limiting matches in the rules to the first six races, namely if one pair played at say Sandown where there were eight races and the potential opponents in the next round played at say Haydock where there were only six or seven races they would hold an unfair advantage in having extra races and potentially being able to score more points.

Next week's matches are ALL over the first six races only, like this week.

Last edited:
Halfway through the afternoon in the replay and we still can't split chroniclandlord and Maruco who have just 3pts each after four races.

Two races to go and it's chroniclandlord 4pts Maruco 3pts and as they are on the same horse in the next race it's all on the last

And Maruco snatches it in the last to win a tight contest 13-12

Final Draw for Round Two and updated rules to follow

Thanks Landlord. That was brutal today, could have gone either way. Fitting that there was a head in it on the score and the final race too.

Last edited:
First time I've run this type of competition and a few scenarios were not covered so rules updated to reflect them for Round Two

RULES

Before the first week of the competition a full draw will be made.

Each person drawn at home in the first round gets to choose the NH meeting of their choice (British or Irish) plus a back up meeting in the event the selected meeting is off,for their match on the Saturday (but must declare by midnight Thursday or lose home advantage and right to select which meeting). I will not issue reminders. If the home player posts but fails to post a back up meeting by midnight Thursday I will nominate it on their behalf.

If both meetings are abandoned on the day, players can mutually agree to either play another meeting on Saturday or defer it to the Sunday with the home player retaining right of choice.

Each competitor chooses one selection per race FROM THE FIRST SIX RACES, selections to be posted by start of first race. If a selection is a NR, no points are scored so reserves are allowed. If a player fails to post selections or posts selections for the wrong meeting ,their opponent receives a walkover but their score will be taken into account when deciding home advantage in the next round.

Scoring is as follows

5 points awarded for a winner, 3 points for a second, and 1 point for a third.

In the case of a tie, the result will be decided by most winners, if still level by most seconds, if still level then by thirds, then if still level, competitors must replay the following day with the away player having home advantage and choosing the meeting.
From Round Two onwards persons scoring the most points in the previous week get home advantage against their opponent on the following weekend weekend and choose the meeting which must be a NH meeting. If both winning players score the same number of points and the result cannot be decided by number of winners seconds and thirds, then their meeting will be the main NH meeting scheduled to be shown on terrestrial television.

If for any reason competitors receive a bye, then in order to determine home advantage the following week, they must pick their selections at the same meeting as the tie producing the winner they will be up against, this should maintain interest for all and maximise involvement.

Any disputes my decision is final

Fixtures for Round Two on Feb 18th with those in RED to nominate meeting and back up meeting by midnight Thursday

Round%20Two%20Draw%20A_zpscbhiqgth.jpg

Round%20Two%20Draw%20B_zps72b2en2k.jpg

Last edited:
Back