The 2006 Holiday Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
K

Kathy

As we are clearly in the middle of the holiday season by the number of regular forumites currently missing, perhaps it would be a good idea for people to discuss their holidays, assuming that the latest interest rise has not scuppered your plans. <_<

Do you have holidays? Where do you go? Where would you like to go if you could go anywhere in the world? Where have you been this year so far, and what plans have you for later in the year?

I'm off next week to Center Parcs. No sniggering at the back please. ;) I am taking Barney, my OH and two lots of friends and their 4 children.
I have heard mixed reports but I am going with an open mind. My OH is not happy that the place closes at 10pm every evening.

I have found there is somewhere to go horse riding nearby and there is a nice spa, so I think I know how I will be spending my time. B)

I am really tempted to try a cruise one day, one where they don't allow children. :)

Myself, Mr GG and the junior Griffins are all off to Majorca in October. We had wanted to go to Cornwall for a week in August but Mr GG was too busy at work. So we're being naughty and taking the kids out of school for a week. Very much looking forward to getting away for a bit, just hope Georgia behaves herself. As you can imagine all the other girls are beside themselves with excitement :lol:

Went to Butlins in Skeggy last week with my parents,one of my sisters,her five children (u think you have it bad Griffin!) and her husband.
Wouldn't be my ideal hoilday admittedly,but it was good to have a break.
Ended up watching York races in the bookies on site with my Dad on Thursday evening whilst they watched Sooty (not the original I believe).

Definitely looking at having a skiing holiday sometime next year and still would love to go over to Australia for the Melbourne Cup at some stage if financies allow.

I've been to Riga in January, France at Easter and last week got back from a whistle stop tour around Poland, Sweden and Estonia.

5 days to Slovenia at the end of the month planned and I see Ryanair have opened routes to Morocco so may try and organise something to Marrakesh.

I'd love to go on the Trans-Siberian railway but that requires a lot of saving up!

I went to Corfu in June (seems like months ago now!) and there is talk of a possible return visit in Sept/Oct time. Also had a couple of days skiing up at Sierra Nevada. All the rest is taken up with visits home - all revolving around racing naturally. The annual pilgrimage to the Mackeson/Hennessy is in the process of being booked - happy days....

If Brian replies to this the forum may bust its bandwidth!

This year so far has been good for holidays:

Jan - Algarve (with wife)
Mar - Cheltenham (with the lads)
May - Menton & Nice (with wife)
June - Cascais (with the lads for golf)

Nothing more planned until November which will mostly be spent in Oz:
Perth/Melbourne (for the Cup)/Sydney/Brisbane (for the Ashes).

Next year I'm looking at the train from Calgary to Vancouver.

I went to the Lake District and Snowdonia last week.

My son, Andy is in Disney World, Florida with his grandparents at the moment.

Andy, my OH and I are going to Whitby at the end of August and Bayeaux during the October half term... :D

I wish I hadn't asked you lot now.... especially those that have already travelled to some far flung places.

I'm sure Center Parcs is going to be..... ermmm...well, just great. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to being surrounded by 100's of kids in their summer holidays - luckily, it's only for 4 nights and 5 days! :blink:

I'll make up for it later this year and book a quiet weekend away with my OH to Skegness in November! :D

Im jealous of the lot of you I cant remeber the last time I had a proper holiday.

As im only part time I take loads of time off but spend it at the sales trying to earn enough money to make up for the fact I earn peanuts at work and enable me to keep an eventer going all season. I am headed for Ireland next weekend but thats to go and do sales prep for someone over there so doesnt classify as a holiday. Mind you they say a change is as good as a break and i get plenty of changes.

I'd like to be chip leader before Brian joins the thread........

Do you have holidays?
Yes
Where do you go?
The world is my oyster
Where would you like to go if you could go anywhere in the world?
There's no place like home. Well, my Mum's home. Near most of my much neglected friends in Surrey.
Where have you been this year so far?
January - Val D'Isere, France
February - Tangiers, Morocco
March - Sierra Nevada, Spain
April - California, USA
May - Santiago de Compostela, Spain
June - UK
What plans have you for later in the year?
September - UK. A friend is becoming a Dad for the first time
December - Hoping to go to Adelaide for a bit of cricket

I'm going to Cyprus in October for the Ireland game. I am going purely for the football. I wont be tempted by the 24 hour bars or the English (if there anything like the forums women - stop PM me girls) sex on tap brigade..

Andorra skiing in January

London with the missus & 3yo next week

In between, Knock airport has got me to Goodwood, Lingfield & Wolverhampton racing, with Aintree in October on the cards.

Disneyland Paris is also on the agenda, I hear. ;)

6 weeks
March-Cheltenham
April-Punchestown
June-Haven devon"Bradley Bear"-Wicked!!
Sept-Amphi Beach- Gran Canaria- Timeshare 2 weeks
1 week to book

Nothing sorted as yet, but hopefully i'll be going to Ireland for the Irish Champion Stakes (thanks to Ryanair's dirt cheap flights) and to Newquay for my cousins stag do :)

Racing weeks away at at Leopardstown, Punchestown, Cheltenham and Goodwood. York next.

Arizona, taking in among other places the Grand Canyon, Tombstone, Monument Valley (which was new to me), Phoenix, Scottsdale and Tucson.

Dubrovnik.

Manilva on the Costa del Sol.

Amalfi next - though bad bloody timing, Ryder Cup week, though back just in time for Longchamp.

I always go 3 weeks to Santiago de La Ribera, it is a village between Murcia and Alicante in the Mediterraneum sea.

I like to go a week to USA and some weekends going racing to England or Ireland.

Cheltenham
Barcelona
France
France
Hong Kong last year .

Barcelona and France this year - also Cheltenham .

Perhaps Italy too in October .

Back