The bets that got away....

fonz

At the Start
The only thing worse than a losing bet is missing a winning one right??

Some may class this thread as aftertiming but we're all grown ups so I think we can look beyond that.

During the Chester May meeting I entered Snoano in my tracker after a 5 1/2l defeat off level weights in the Huxley to horses almost better than him, Having had winning York form in the recent past I wrote in the comments on the tracker in block capitals WELL HANDICAPPED- JOHN SMITHS CUP!

I was surprised to get the tracker alert on Saturday morning that he was running in the Wolferton but I just thought he was there for day out for the owner and a tune up for the big day at York in a few weeks
I contemplated a few quid E/W at 25/1 - nah what's the point I thought...........

My horse racing knowledge is limited, and at some point last year I tracked the horse 'Brain Power' with no explanation as to why.

I got the alert Brain Power was running but saw the price 18/1 and decided to save my money. It then won the said handicap and was then a contender in the champion hurdle. I'll never make that mistake again.

During the Chester May meeting I entered Snoano in my tracker after a 5 1/2l defeat off level weights in the Huxley to horses almost better than him, Having had winning York form in the recent past I wrote in the comments on the tracker in block capitals WELL HANDICAPPED- JOHN SMITHS CUP!
25/1 for the big one today - Well I've got to really haven't I....

Danzeno today. After being mugged of fourth place in The Wokingham, costing me a wee wedge, he wins a well backed favourite today with me not realising he was running. If I'd even seen just his name on the forum today my money was on ,(so yeah, its all your lots fault. :)).

The only thing worse than a losing bet is missing a winning one right??

Some may class this thread as aftertiming but we're all grown ups so I think we can look beyond that.

I was surprised to get the tracker alert on Saturday morning that he was running in the Wolferton but I just thought he was there for day out for the owner and a tune up for the big day at York in a few weeks
I contemplated a few quid E/W at 25/1 - nah what's the point I thought...........

What about Snoano at Goodwood tomorrow? I don't think he's a bad each way bet.

Last edited:
Back