The Eclipse challengers

See the Fire ran well in the Coronation considering a mile is an inadequate test and I think 5s in the w/o market is a bet. Very disappointing line-up though overall.

Cheers Reet.

And I've already seen about 400 very special things already. Well worth the entrance fee😂

Totally underwhelming.

Maybe not quite over an unnecessarily hard race at Epsom?

And fvck me Chamberlin is talking about it getting weight from the runner-up :mad:

Happy with my 16/1 each way Al Riffa - after the R4 paid at 3.8/1 the place and 1.4/1 the overall bet.

A lot better than fours on a mud hater who scrambled home and gave punters heart attacks.

Should be obvious to a blind man City Of Troy detested the ground (as stated withdrawn on Soft last year) and fair play to them for even running.

White Birch would have murdered him today, not even close.

20 to effing one win only, I had.

EFF....

MY....

LIFE!

Not to worry - onwards and upwards!

What a glum shower :)- on ground he hates, he did what he had to do to win the race,and Ryan reported he had plenty left.
Back what you like against him there's nothing will beat him,given favourable conditions.

He did what he had to do no more no less.I would like to see him give York a miss,reappear at Leopardstown and then be prepared for the Breeders Cup Classic.

Load of nonsense stated about cot. Clearly hated the ground and Ryan had trouble keeping him straight on the ground. He's beaten clearly a very decent horse on soft ground and dug it out. I'm sure he will be much better on decent ground. Not sure what the lads will decide with Luxembourg and a rodin also to fit in. Surely juddmonte,irish champion then the holy grail of the breeders Cup classic. The horse shouldn't be judged on today. IMHO of course.

Unsuitable ground can cause some horses to run some way below form but was it really that soft today?

There were three races in succession over the CD.

COT (3yo, 8-13) slow by 2.8s.
Blake (3yo, OR79, 9-8) slow by 3.98s.
Persica (3yo, OR100, 9-4) slow by 3s.

In pure pounds:

COT - level
Blake - 3lbs inferior
Persica - 3lbs superior

COT has run a very long way off his best by those measures.

Now, the likes of Nijinsky and Brigadier Gerard were well below their best in some races in unsuitably soft ground but the ground then was very soft and heavy.

My own figures for COT this season are:

Guineas - 0
Derby 120 (++?)
Today 116

That would worry me if I were a fan. Those figures suggest he hasn't improved into this season relative to his OR of 124. He won a shite Derby and has scraped home in the worst Eclipse I can recall.

Next engagement stud.

Back