The Foxhunters'

Bar the Bull

At the Start
I am hoping to win a stackload of money in this race, and was hoping that somebody can help me.

Backstage doesn't do it for me. He's very short for a horse that hasn't shown good racecourse form in a long time.

Salsify is much more my idea of the winner. He is young, improving, has proven festival form at Punchestown and Fairyhouse. And he has been progressing with every run, if you ignore Thurles (which I do as it suits my viewpoint and because it was knee deep that day).

Anybody else I should be looking out for?

Backstage - 13 wins in 15 starts in P2P's, 3 wins from 15 starts over regulation fences. Sadly for him the race isn't run at Tinahely.

It's also mentioned earlier on "The Pointing Thread" too Bar - dotted up the other day returned to Chaddesley Corbett (won at track in December) and won over 3 1/2m in a hot enough race at Stratford last year, will be better back on good ground too.

Martin

No not at all - his run last time out is easily the best of the Irish for me and the fact he was never put in the race the time before is all the more reason to back him. FWIW I'd be taking 14's My Flora, 10's Salsify and then if one at a bigger price (not sure if it's the target) Surenaga at 50's back on better ground and he'll be a force.

Martin

Salsify will win it, more class than My Flora. Most of the field is limited classwise, one of the few races at the Festival where you can rule out the majority of the field.

Don't think that 3m 2f will be his trip tbh Granger and Eleazar was on and off the bridle the other day so had little to beat, he has some sort of chance but would want 20's+ at the moment.

Bradley will turn around the Warwick form back at Cheltenham Roddy - would also be concerned by Jess' lack of racecourse experience (just the one ride at Warwick).

Anyone who is tempted to think this conversation is not entirely serious is referred to an excellent paper by Professor Knaggs of the Royal Veterinary College entitled Low Self Esteem: Impact on Performance in Ungulate Equids in which he demonstrates a clear correlation between poor racecourse performance and stupid names.

Back