The Green Monkey!

They know the risks, and can no doubt afford them - even so you have to feel sorry for them, it's a real shame

What was the last big price tag yearling to produce the goods on the racetrack? Godolphion had a big purchase flop this year as well.

Surely you're not talking about the unpronouncable one Al Nahaadth in less than favourabler terms Arkers?

Colourful Score (or is it Scene?) - now that is a real horse :)

Barbaro's first lil brother Man of Havana didn't even make the track - lets hope the stupidly named Nicanor gets further :(

I think Jalil cost $ 9,700,000 and won a maiden at Ripon but Godolphin also bought another Storm Cat for over $ 11,000,000 last year and have not heard a word about him.

It is just a numbers game. You win some..... you lose some...

Some of these buys were the result of pure dick-waving though. Shameful stuff, and they got the results they deserved.

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Sep 15 2007, 10:45 PM
Some of these buys were the result of pure dick-waving though. Shameful stuff, and they got the results they deserved.
Surely the auctioneer can't accept that as a genuine bid? :P

:laughing: Nice exchange boys

Apparently there has been quite a crash in auction prices so far this season at the bloodstock sales - we shall see if this carries through to the upper echelons! Somehow I doubt it owing to the size of the principals' dicks - er, sorry, wallets

Remains to be seen, but one hopes just a correction - of the overbreeding we've seen in recent years, which was unsustainable.

Entered for his second race on Saturday

Belmont Park - October 13th, 2007 - Race 3
Estimated Local Post Time: 2:02 PM
Race Type: Maiden Special Weight
Breed: Thoroughbred
Age Restriction: Three Year Old and Upward
Purse: $52,000
Distance: Seven Furlongs
Surface: Dirt

Post Horse Name Age Sex Weight Jockey Name
1 Kaper Lake (KY) 3 Gelding 120 Michael J. Luzzi
2 Giant Deputy (KY) 3 Colt 115 Jermaine V. Bridgmohan
3 Feastorfamine (ON) 3 Colt 120 Eddie Castro
4 The Green Monkey (FL) 3 Colt 120 John R. Velazquez
5 Joppa Flat's (KY) 3 Colt 120 Alan Garcia
6 Frisky Dreams (NY) 3 Gelding 120 Raul I. Rojas
7 Brogue (KY) 3 Colt 120 Joe Bravo
8 Falcon Trace (KY) 3 Gelding 120 Jose Lezcano
9 Putnam County (KY) 3 Colt 120 Norberto Arroyo, Jr.
10 Holla Bend (FL) 3 Colt 120 Jorge F. Chavez

Showed decent early speed, led around turn, headed early in the straight and stayed on one-paced. Finished 4th.

Looks very ordinary... 4th!
I noticed he kept changing legs down the straight - has he been tried on turf?
didn't look happy at all... how far was that btw? - wasn't concentrating on details as not betting!

Would be outpaced coming down the hill I'm afraid Headstrong.. might be worth a go in the NH Chase though I suppose..

Originally posted by Galileo@Nov 20 2007, 12:19 PM
Desperate times call for....
Not so good once again ...came in 4th ....no hope for this horse. He will struggle to win a race.

Back