The Hennessy

Had a good bet e/w on Air Force One at 11/2. Thought he ran a massive race. Stayed onmuch better than on his reapperance at Ascot when he came under pressure turning in.

Shadow Leader just texted the following message to me.

"AC, will you post on TH that I thought Sam Thomas rode a brilliant race on Big Bucks. He got him jumping well and delivered him perfectly in stride at the last, only for the silly bugger to put down on him. Despite this he still nearly stayed in the saddle. Tnx. SL"

Shadow Leader just texted the following message to me.

"AC, will you post on TH that I thought Sam Thomas rode a brilliant race on Big Bucks. He got him jumping well and delivered him perfectly in stride at the last, only for the silly bugger to put down on him. Despite this he still nearly stayed in the saddle. Tnx. SL"

The fact is though he didn't!! Probably wouldn't have won anyway,winner stuck on really well.Gutted cos I was on AFO:(

DAMN I BACKED Madison last year. He always goes well at newbury.
DID BIG BUCKS AND MY WILL instead.

I think my will could be a welsh national horse.

I think sam thomas after the last two weekends is secretly clearly in practice to make the british gymnastics team for the next olympics.

Classic Thomas, straight from the R Johnson dismount guidebook. He has truely emerged from the never-to-be-champion-jockey's shadow. Yeah , no, obviously, basically, y'know.

High Chimes looked fat.

Well I backed My Will at 50's e/w and as Thomas did his flying dismount My Will was in third coming over the last and about 3 or 4 lengths clear. Just then the camera cut to a close up on the front two, and I had to wait. The result clearly shows that Snoopy must have finished off well again. I can only assume My Will stopped, but all thing sbeing equal I think he's run a good race, and provided the handicapper isn't harsh on him, and I'm not sure how he can be in truth, he looks well treated. Prior to today he ran of 161 when 3rd in the Whitbred. He'd been dropped to 154, and with Schofield claiming 5, he looked nicely treated off a mark just below that when he won a competitive Cheltenham handicap

I suppose on reflection, it only serves to underline just what a monsterous performance Denman put up last year

Madison du Burlais came 4th (so hardly ran a stinker) but in doing so he lost by some 20L's in receipt of 10Ibs plus an additional 3 courteousy of Merrigan.

This year Madison has betaen Snoopy Loopy by 12L's when in receipt of 8Ibs

Snoopy has just run to a level similar to Kauto at Haydock off levels.

So Denman was broadly 5Ibs worse off with Madison than Snoopy, but nonetheless turned round a 32L verdict

If Mad wasn't in there AFO would be a potential Gold Cup horse.
held off Big Bucks"wouldn't have won"
I've never seen such a "rag" win the loot
Madison Gold Cup???
Madison 3/1 Denman 7/2 Neptune 10/1 AFO 12/1 Kauto 16/1 War Of Attrition 16/1 :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Any Air Force One supporters can take take slight heart from a Hennessy defeat at the hands of a rag, for in the early nineties a Maguire inspired Sibton Abbey at 40/1 and 21lbs out of the handicap defeated favourite Jodami, himself carrying only 10st2 prior to a campaign that ended in Gold Cup victory.

Back