The Jewson Novices' Chase

He had enough speed to stay in contention though. Once they were at the bottom of the hill I was pretty confident.

I asked Desert Orchid a few months ago how much he thought you needed in hand to win a Jeweson and he thought roughly a stone. Copper Bleu had 4Lbs in hand on his hurdle rating but having followed him over timber, I did not think he was fully exposed so he was worth a second look today. He was given a beautiful ride today, I love seeing jockeys with the balls to hold up a horses down the inside. I got a bigger kick from Richie Hardings ride in the last, you just knew turning in he was going to be run down by the better travelling horses he had kicked clear of.

Last edited:
I asked Desert Orchid a few months ago how much he thought you needed in hand to win a Jeweson and he thought roughly a stone. Copper Bleu had 4Lbs in hand on his hurdle rating but having followed him over timber, I did not think he was fully exposed so he was worth a second look today. He was given a beautiful ride today, I love seeing jockeys with the balls to hold up a horses down the inside. I got a bigger kick from Richie Hardings ride in the last, you just knew turning in he was going to be run down by the better travelling horses he had kicked clear of.

Good call - I have backed him several times and didn't fancy him so fair dues.

Back