• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
S

SlimChance

Starring:

Richie 'Stopper' McLernon
Mark 'Not today' Walsh
Tony 'The cash is down' McCoy

Horses gambled on running in these colours often have a very similar profile. For my own entertainment I'm going to have a scan through his runners this season to see if I can spot any.

Last edited:
Qaspal - Phillip Hobbs - Now 21lbs below his Imperial Cup winning hurdle form he's now contesting class 4 handicaps. Not been seen since July so perhaps they've given up on him but has has exactly the right type of profile if they can improve his jumping over the larger obstacles.

Last edited:
Siberian Sun - JJ O'Neill - Has looked useless on three starts between June and the end of September. Entered up on Saturday and Sunday but ikely to be seen jogging around for another 3-4 starts until the handicapper is certain of his ability.

Temple Lord - JJ O'Neill - Yet to run over hurdle in Britian. Any such enteries would be eyecatching.

Valley View - JJ O'Neill - Can win a couple of handicaps going left handed off of 122.

Last edited:
My Tent Or Yours - Henderson.

Reasons in the Profiles thread. :cool:

Good shout! Seriously progressive profile from connections who know how to exploit it. I skipped over him on the list as I started on the ones that were out for a run so far.

Ozeta - N Henderson - JP McManus - Has been the subject of a gamble on her last two runs which is indicative of her mark of 125 being lenient when she is right. The Ladbroke in Ascot would be her likely route if she's over whatever caused her to be pulled up LTO.

Micks - low grade stuff - strangled four times to get a hurdles mark of 95 - strangled twice more to be sure to be sure - hacks up off 93 beating subsequent dual winner Novarov. Strangled four runs over fences best finish 10th ie duck eggs - Alan Crowe special..... Noel O'Brien gives him a mark of 95. Entered in a Novice H'cap Chase at Naas Saturday.

Last edited:
Friday 9th November

One Fine Morning. Blew the cobwebs away latest when 4th at Market Rasen. Steadily going up in the handicap since winning a Killarney handicap off 86 but probably more to come over 2m 4f on good ground even off 100 tomorrow (Was rated 105 over hurdles). Price is not giving much away at 5/1 but the trainer makes a habits of landing raids to the UK.

Micks - low grade stuff - strangled four times to get a hurdles mark of 95 - strangled twice more to be sure to be sure - hacks up off 93 beating subsequent dual winner Novarov. Strangled four runs over fences best finish 10th ie duck eggs - Alan Crowe special..... Noel O'Brien gives him a mark of 95. Entered in a Novice H'cap Chase at Naas Saturday.

Absolutley no question he lands a gamble over fences.

He's a 100% cheating horse although in one of his defeats he went wrong after being smashed in the betting. Myself and OnTheBridle were all over him after he finished 3rd of 4th early last season by accident!

If anyone can tell me how they are going to get a race out of Billytheblacksmith fair play to them. He should just give Hourigan the €15k every year and spare all the bolloxology.

The Mad Robertson - 7 runs so far and 1 win, starting SP has been:

100/30, 11/8, 9/4, 9/1, 5/1, 7/2 & 2/1.

Obviously there is now significant doubt and trepidation in the handicappers mind, and the time to strike at Southwell or Taunton over three miles in a handicap hurdle with the wonga on might be sooner than we think...:)

Last edited:
The Mad Robertson - 7 runs so far and 1 win, starting SP has been:

100/30, 11/8, 9/4, 9/1, 5/1, 7/2 & 2/1.

Obviously there is now significant doubt and trepidation in the handicappers mind, and the time to strike at Southwell or Taunton over three miles in a handicap hurdle with the wonga on might be sooner than we think...:)

If you're a handicapper those SP returns are highly offensive!

Ten Bob, well handicap, last twice beaten as favorite, one for this list

Take a Shot, won a hcp in Down Royal and was one of the best handicpped horses for me in Europe, 4 non triers and then a sequence of 3 wins,
now being prepared over fences for a similar one

Ten Bob, well handicap, last twice beaten as favorite, one for this list

Take a Shot, won a hcp in Down Royal and was one of the best handicpped horses for me in Europe, 4 non triers and then a sequence of 3 wins,
now being prepared over fences for a similar one

Thanks suny. Good spots.

Friday 9th November

One Fine Morning. Blew the cobwebs away latest when 4th at Market Rasen. Steadily going up in the handicap since winning a Killarney handicap off 86 but probably more to come over 2m 4f on good ground even off 100 tomorrow (Was rated 105 over hurdles). Price is not giving much away at 5/1 but the trainer makes a habits of landing raids to the UK.

3rd - sent off 11/4 JF

Back