The JP McManus Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Well done SC always good when a plan comes together.

Only thing is some members seem to think he was stopped which I find odd to say the least.

It's not about stopping them it's having one that's good enough to stop and Mick's simply isn't. He's clearly not into chasing he didn't want to know when the pace quickened. tbh he looks as if he's completely lost the plot. You'll wait a long time if you want to get a touch on him IMO....selling hurdle could be where he'll end up if he keeps going the way he's going.

If JP had a bet which apparently he does very very rarely these days it would have been well before 2pm and on Ned Buntine who was 11/10 early morning.

There's been money reported for him to win the Champion Bumper but obviously it's not JP's cash because the last time he had an AP bet Ron Barry was still riding. He'd want the vets report of his blood count on his desk before parting with a penny.

He could go hurdling with JP's blessing according to Noel Meade. You can bet Meade is thinking thinking Supreme Novices already for him, a race he's won twice with Go Native and some other yolk I can't remember the name of.

Well worth watching his race, this is one very good horse who looks like he could go right to the top..maybe even Istabraq MkII ;)

If JP had a bet which apparently he does very very rarely these days it would have been well before 2pm and on Ned Buntine who was 11/10 early morning.

There's been money reported for him to win the Champion Bumper but obviously it's not JP's cash because the last time he had an AP bet Ron Barry was still riding. He'd want the vets report of his blood count on his desk before parting with a penny.

100% wrong.

Only thing is some members seem to think he was stopped which I find odd to say the least.

It's not about stopping them it's having one that's good enough to stop and Mick's simply isn't.

He was most definitely stopped.

You guys are in fantasy world.

The horse has won one race under rules in his life.

He has never ever been the subject of a gamble and won his hurdle race strictly on merit after running a decent 2nd the time before.

He then made fav again on merit but hurt himself during the race and was all but pulled up.

They ran him on Saturday and kept him up with the leaders to give him a good look at his fences to try and restore some confidence.

This horse has problems and is no more a touch horse than flying in the air. He hasn't raised a gallop for a year

No doubt the idea is to get him right and step him up in trip but no way could you back a horse like him with confidence and JP certainly has alot better to be throwing money at.

Thanks for that piece of info Slim.

You wouldn't care to tell us when the last time The Sundance Kid had an AP bet would you or should we just accept your word as Gospel?

JP being an ultra disciplined 3 bets a year punter is an urban myth that gets thrown around all the time. When horses in his colours get smashed up ante post do you really think the 'Great Man' is awaiting blood tests?

I tend to take no heed for JP stopping horses. Waiting for the right day wastes more energy than you are ever going to recoup.

I wonder how much he is able to get on a horse like Micks when on a going day - he might opens at 8s and ends up at 9/2.

I dont imagine him out with the spreadsheet every evening adding up the figures.

JPs stables on the other hand.

Exactly right Hawk....but if the bookies think you are at it and they can spot them with their eyes shut you won't be getting anything like 8's for money.

Slim: JP has so much money he can afford not to go near risky AP bets.

Jonjo and Nicky are great trainers but even they can't guarantee a horse will be spot on 2 months down the line.

JP's not going to have 10k on at 20/1 AP...why would he risk it when he can wait, know the horse is spot on, know exactly what he's up against on and back it on the day and have 40K at 5/1 if they think it's a good thing?

It's common sense something JP has loads off he doesn't think like the rest of us and that's why he is rich and us lot are still chasing AP rainbows ;)

He can risk because the price will be much better in the antepost

when someone likes to punt, it is very unlikely if he is richer than in the past that he will stop punting

of course he will not bet many days and is very likely he doent even know the names of many of his horses , but it is sure he knows some horses have determined targets and he would back them at better prices han we will find

Definitely Suny, Im sure he still likes a bet, but not sure he is waiting for the nod from Roche on whether Micks is on a going day or not in a 0-100 handicap chase. If he needed that sort of info he wouldnt be entrusting trainers like Swan and other incompetents to tell him when its time.

I think its clear that JP is rewarding his friends who helped him get to where he has got to by stabling horses with trainers of questionable ability. The results dont matter. If the stable plots one for itself, so be it.

JP is renowned for being fearless and he can still play the biggest bets in the land and have the bookies running scared ...though NOTHING will have given him as much satisfaction as actually owning the winner of the Grand National and Gold Cup in the the past 2 years !

Meanwhile,I expect his cash to be down on Darlan for Cheltenham on Saturday.

He can risk because the price will be much better in the antepost

when someone likes to punt, it is very unlikely if he is richer than in the past that he will stop punting

of course he will not bet many days and is very likely he doent even know the names of many of his horses , but it is sure he knows some horses have determined targets and he would back them at better prices han we will find

Exactly. He can't help himself having it RIGHT off. Nicky was lucky there was NRNB concession on a certain race at a certain big meeting a few years ago. :ninja:

Definitely Suny, Im sure he still likes a bet, but not sure he is waiting for the nod from Roche on whether Micks is on a going day or not in a 0-100 handicap chase. If he needed that sort of info he wouldnt be entrusting trainers like Swan and other incompetents to tell him when its time.

I think its clear that JP is rewarding his friends who helped him get to where he has got to by stabling horses with trainers of questionable ability. The results dont matter. If the stable plots one for itself, so be it.

The lesser trainers are willing to stop horses dead. Go through previous seasons and you will see that these trainers had horses absolutley smashed up. Try and tell me the 'Great Man' is not pulling the trigger on these. I bet my life he backed Micks last year.

You lads would want to stop believing the fairy tale that JP is now a currency trader.

Exactly. He can't help himself having it RIGHT off. Nicky was lucky there was NRNB concession on a certain race at a certain big meeting a few years ago. :ninja:

What was it you have always told me.

"Leave them in their ignorance"

Interesting to see McManus now has a horse (Mr Mole) with Paul Nicholls. I always wondered why he didn't have them in training with Nicholls when he's always had them with all the other trainers near the top of the table.

Because Paul might put him up as a lay on his Betfair column and steal his market..

Indeed.... and Mr Mole got beat the other day at 2/7 !!

Lay ! Lay ! Lay ! perhaps ?

The lesser trainers are willing to stop horses dead. Go through previous seasons and you will see that these trainers had horses absolutley smashed up. Try and tell me the 'Great Man' is not pulling the trigger on these. I bet my life he backed Micks last year.

You lads would want to stop believing the fairy tale that JP is now a currency trader.
The horse was 7/2 in the morning touched 4's and went off at 7/2 if JP had backed it you wouldn't have gotten 6/4 about him in that pig off a race.

JP had 5 winners at the Cheltenham Festival Alfie Sherrin, Sunnyhillboy, Alderwood, Synchronised and Bellvano

Jonjo made no secret of the fact he fancied Synchronised and every dog on the street was barking Sunnyhill boy yet this fearless gambler never had a brass penny on any of them.

Months before Don't Push It won the national I backed him at all rates from 60 down to 22/1 (wells recorded on TRF if you doubt me) I never got one knock back from 6 different bookies. The they started reporting a gamble which was all part of a well laid out plan.....On the day he was subject to a massive JP gamble so they reckon.........he was his a$$ the off course bookies started the ball rolling and the on course bookies followed suit by cutting him to the bone. Sure there was planty money for him but nothing like the amount those sharks claimed

They do the same every year and most get stuffed but this time they were caught out. This is a fact not something I have pulled out of a hat.

Meanwhile back at the farm I'm trying to lay off some of my bets but despite the would be gamble on the course he's 22 to lay and goes off at 19.8 with not one sign of a gamble on the machine. Even those at the course taking bets at 10/1 who could have taken 21 on the machine never because they thought he couldn't possibly win.

No one knows better than the Betfair faces when a touch is going down yet he was barely touched. The 19.8 was a massive 73% + over SP

Another would be JP gamble that was complete nonsense. Just punters jumping on the bandwagon because they get it into their heads he's going for a touch.

Sure he still likes a bet but the days of having his last penny on Dawn Run in the Gold Cup are well and truly gone.

JP has said publicly he still loves a bet but is now a disciplined and the last thing on earth a disciplined gambler will do is back a horse months before AP.

However you believe what you like it's a free country.

Back